Genomes and Genes
Stephen L Guthery
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Bone mineral density in long-term survivors following pediatric liver transplantationStephen L Guthery
Pediatric Liver Care Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, OH, USA
Liver Transpl 9:365-70. 2003..3% in our population. Only certain patients appear to be at risk for low BMD, including those with a history of rejection. Screening for reduced bone mass may be appropriate for these patients...
- Determination of risk factors for Epstein-Barr virus-associated posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder in pediatric liver transplant recipients using objective case ascertainmentStephen L Guthery
Pediatric Liver Care Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Transplantation 75:987-93. 2003..We hypothesized that after correction for confounding variables, immunosuppression with tacrolimus is not associated with an increased risk of EBV-PTLD...
- National estimates of hospital utilization by children with gastrointestinal disorders: analysis of the 1997 kids' inpatient databaseStephen L Guthery
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition and Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine and Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84113, USA
J Pediatr 144:589-94. 2004..To identify and to generate national estimates of the principal gastrointestinal (GI) diagnoses associated with hospital utilization and to describe national hospital utilization patterns associated with pediatric GI disorders...
- Inflammatory bowel disease aggregation in Utah kindredsStephen L Guthery
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine and Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84113, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:823-30. 2011..Kindred-specific genetic variants that cause IBD may be a source of "missing heritability." Given that they have been previously difficult to identify, we sought to identify high-risk IBD kindreds...
- US estimates of hospitalized pediatric patients with ulcerative colitis: implications for multicenter clinical studiesStephen L Guthery
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 14:1253-8. 2008..We analyzed the Kids' Inpatient Database (KID, 2003), to estimate the distribution of hospitalized children with UC and estimate sample sizes available for clinical research...
- Outcomes after liver transplantation: keep the end in mindJohn C Bucuvalas
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Pediatric Liver Care Center, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and the Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:S41-8. 2006..Together, these projects set the future course for research and care improvement initiatives in this population and encourage us to "keep the end in mind" when considering pediatric liver transplantation...
- Maximum-likelihood estimation of recent shared ancestry (ERSA)Chad D Huff
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Genome Res 21:768-74. 2011..ERSA greatly expands the range of relationships that can be estimated from genetic data and is implemented in a freely available software package...
- Loci on 20q13 and 21q22 are associated with pediatric-onset inflammatory bowel diseaseSubra Kugathasan
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Research Institute and Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Nat Genet 40:1211-5. 2008..30 x 10(-8) and 6.95 x 10(-8), respectively; odds ratio (OR) = 0.74 for both) and 21q22 (rs2836878[A]; P = 6.01 x 10(-8); OR = 0.73), located close to the TNFRSF6B and PSMG1 genes, respectively...
- Phevor combines multiple biomedical ontologies for accurate identification of disease-causing alleles in single individuals and small nuclear familiesMarc V Singleton
Department of Human Genetics, Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Am J Hum Genet 94:599-610. 2014..As we demonstrate, Phevor can also use latent information in ontologies to discover genes and disease-causing alleles not previously associated with disease. ..
- Fine-scaled human genetic structure revealed by SNP microarraysJinchuan Xing
Department of Human Genetics, Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Genome Res 19:815-25. 2009..Our results emphasize the correlation of genetic and geographic distances and highlight other elements, including social factors that have contributed to population structure...
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis, autoimmune hepatitis, and overlap in Utah children: epidemiology and natural historyMark Deneau
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Hepatology 58:1392-400. 2013..4%) overall. Conclusion: Immune-mediated liver diseases are important sources of morbidity in children. Using a population-based design, this study quantifies the burden and natural history of immune-mediated liver disease in children...
- Lack of association of functional CTLA4 polymorphisms with juvenile idiopathic arthritisSampath Prahalad
Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84158 1289, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:2147-52. 2008..Single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in CTLA4 have been implicated in susceptibility to several autoimmune disorders, including JIA. This study was undertaken to test 3 functional CTLA4 variants for association with JIA...
- STAT3 genotypic variation and cellular STAT3 activation and colon leukocyte recruitment in pediatric Crohn diseaseTara A Willson
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 55:32-43. 2012..We hypothesized that STAT3 "A" risk allele carriage would be associated with increased cellular STAT3 activation and colon leukocyte recruitment...
- The structure of common genetic variation in United States populationsStephen L Guthery
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Am J Hum Genet 81:1221-31. 2007..S. populations. These findings indicate that, even if the bulk of alleles underlying complex health-related traits are common SNPs, geographic ancestry might well be an important predictor of whether a person carries a risk allele...
- Assessing the risk of epstein-barr virus-related lymphoproliferative disorders before administration of visilizumabStephen L Guthery
Gastroenterology 134:895-6. 2008
- Genetic basis of IBD susceptibility & steroid responseStephen Guthery; Fiscal Year: 2007..The candidate will enroll in the K30 program. Thus the University of Utah provides an ideal environment for maximizing the potential of this study and the candidate. ..