Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Neuropsychological performance in mainland china: the effect of urban/rural residence and self-reported daily academic skill useSaurabh Gupta
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 17:163-73. 2011..Controlling for academic skill use abrogated most U/R differences but revealed rural advantages in select measures of visual reasoning and motor dexterity...
- Dopamine receptor D3 genetic polymorphism (rs6280TC) is associated with rates of cognitive impairment in methamphetamine-dependent men with HIV: preliminary findingsSaurabh Gupta
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, MC 0603, La Jolla, CA 92093 0603, USA
J Neurovirol 17:239-47. 2011..3%) in this group had higher impairment rates (p = 0.05) than TT carriers (33.3%). These findings support the theory that rs6280TC influences the frequency of CI in HIV-positive/METH-positive males...
- The influence of HLA on HIV-associated neurocognitive impairment in Anhui, ChinaRachel D Schrier
Department of Pathology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e32303. 2012..To assess the consistency of these HLA Class II associations in a new cohort and extend analysis to HLA Class I, HLA types, neurocognitive, and virologic status were examined in a cohort of former plasma donors in China...
- Risks and predictors of current suicidality in HIV-infected heroin users in treatment in Yunnan, China: a controlled studyHua Jin
HIV Neurobehavioral Research Program HNRP, HIV Neurobehavioral Research Center, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 62:311-6. 2013..We hypothesized that rates of suicidal ideas would be significantly higher among IDUs compared with controls and highest among HIV IDUs...
- APOE epsilon4 and MBL-2 O/O genotypes are associated with neurocognitive impairment in HIV-infected plasma donorsStephen A Spector
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0672, USA
AIDS 24:1471-9. 2010..This study examined associations of host genetic variants and neurocognitive impairment in Chinese individuals infected through contaminated blood products...
- Psychiatric context of human immunodeficiency virus infection among former plasma donors in rural ChinaJ Hampton Atkinson
HIV Neurobehavioral Research Center, University of California, San Diego, 220 Dickinson St, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Affect Disord 130:421-8. 2011..Little is known of the psychiatric and substance use disorder characteristics of this population, or their impact on everyday function, employment, and life quality...
- Absence of neurocognitive impairment in a large Chinese sample of HCV-infected injection drug users receiving methadone treatmentSaurabh Gupta
HIV Neurobehavioral Research Program HNRP, University of California San Diego, CA, USA Gupta Psychology and Assessment Services, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 137:29-35. 2014....
- Incidence and nature of cognitive decline over 1 year among HIV-infected former plasma donors in ChinaLucette A Cysique
Department of Psychiatry, HIV Neurobehavioral Research Center HNRC, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0603, USA
AIDS 24:983-90. 2010..To quantify and characterize the nature of cognitive change over 1 year in a cohort of HIV-positive former plasma donors in rural China...
- Is prospective memory a dissociable cognitive function in HIV infection?Saurabh Gupta
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 32:898-908. 2010..The results of this study lend further evidence to the dissociability of ProM in HIV infection, are consistent with prior studies in healthy adults, and contribute to a growing literature on the construct validity of ProM in HIV disease...