Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Interleukin-22 (IL-22) production by pulmonary Natural Killer cells and the potential role of IL-22 during primary influenza virus infectionHailong Guo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and David H Smith Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology, Aab Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Virol 84:7750-9. 2010..Our data suggest that during primary respiratory viral infection, IL-22 seems to a play a marginal role for protection, indicating a differential requirement of this cytokine for bacterial and viral infections...
- Evasion of natural killer cells by influenza virusHailong Guo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
J Leukoc Biol 89:189-94. 2011..In this review, we will summarize and discuss recent advances regarding the understanding of NK cell evasion mechanisms manipulated by the influenza virus to facilitate its rapid replication inside the respiratory epithelial cells...
- T cell-mediated protection against lethal 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus infection in a mouse modelHailong Guo
David H Smith Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 609, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Virol 85:448-55. 2011..Our results highlight the importance of establishing cross-reactive T-cell responses for protecting against existing or newly emerging pandemic influenza viruses...
- The functional impairment of natural killer cells during influenza virus infectionHailong Guo
Blood Research Institute, Milwaukee, WI 53051, USA
Immunol Cell Biol 87:579-89. 2009..Our observations show the presence of a new, but yet to be explored, mechanism by which the influenza virus can evade immune detection...
- Multiple distinct forms of CD8+ T cell cross-reactivity and specificities revealed after 2009 H1N1 influenza A virus infection in miceHailong Guo
Center for Infectious Diseases and Vaccine Immunology, Rochester General Hospital Research Institute, Rochester, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e46166. 2012..These observations demonstrate unusual CD8+ T cell cross-reactivity and specificity are elicited after primary and secondary CA/E3/09 influenza virus infections...
- The p110 delta of PI3K plays a critical role in NK cell terminal maturation and cytokine/chemokine generationHailong Guo
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Blood Research Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Exp Med 205:2419-35. 2008..These results reveal a previously unrecognized role of PI3K-p110 delta in NK cell development and effector functions...