Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Molecular characterization of a patient with central nervous system dysmyelination and cryptic unbalanced translocation between chromosomes 4q and 18qShelly R Gunn
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Am J Med Genet A 120:127-35. 2003....
- Use of DNA sequencing analysis to confirm fungemia due to Trichosporon dermatis in a pediatric patientShelly R Gunn
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Clin Microbiol 44:1175-7. 2006..This is the first reported case of human disease caused by Tricosporon dermatis, an organism recently transferred to the genus Trichosporon from Cryptococcus and now confirmed to be a human pathogen...
- Comparative genomic hybridization arrays in clinical pathology: progress and challengesShelly R Gunn
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 11:73-7. 2007..In this article, we share some of our experiences with diagnostic array CGH and discuss recent progress and challenges involved with the integration of array CGH into clinical laboratory medicine...
- Whole-genome scanning by array comparative genomic hybridization as a clinical tool for risk assessment in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaShelly R Gunn
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Department of Pathology, Mail Code 7750, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Mol Diagn 10:442-51. 2008..5%); 13 hybridizations (4.5%) were discordant because of clonal populations that comprised less than 30% of the sample. Array CGH is a powerful, cost-effective tool for genome-wide risk assessment in the clinical evaluation of CLL...
- Clinical array-based karyotyping of breast cancer with equivocal HER2 status resolves gene copy number and reveals chromosome 17 complexityShelly Gunn
Combimatrix Molecular Diagnostics, 310 Goddard, Irvine, California 92618, USA
BMC Cancer 10:396. 2010..The recent validation of array-based, molecular karyotyping for clinical oncology testing provides an alternative method for determination of HER2 gene copy number status in cases remaining unresolved by traditional methods...
- Clinical application of array-based comparative genomic hybridization for the identification of prognostically important genetic alterations in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaRussell A Higgins
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 12:271-80. 2008....
- Clinical validation of an array CGH test for HER2 status in breast cancer reveals that polysomy 17 is a rare eventI Tien Yeh
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Mod Pathol 22:1169-75. 2009..We conclude that array comparative genomic hybridization is an accurate and objective DNA-based alternative for clinical evaluation of HER2 gene copy number, and that polysomy 17 is a rare event in breast cancer...
- Molecular cytogenetics as a clinical test for prognostic and predictive biomarkers in newly diagnosed ovarian cancerShelly Gunn
START Center for Cancer Care, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Ovarian Res 6:2. 2013..In addition, we predicted that the use of a genome-wide copy number analysis (CNA) testing platform would enable us to identify novel potentially targetable chromosomal alterations of therapeutic significance in a percentage of cases...
- Molecular and clinical characterization of a recurrent cryptic unbalanced t(4q;18q) resulting in an 18q deletion and 4q duplicationCraig Horbinski
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:2898-904. 2008..Individuals with features suggestive of this 4q;18q translocation but a normal karyotype warrant aCGH or subtelomere studies...
- Array CGH analysis of chronic lymphocytic leukemia reveals frequent cryptic monoallelic and biallelic deletions of chromosome 22q11 that include the PRAME geneShelly R Gunn
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Leuk Res 33:1276-81. 2009..Quantitative real-time PCR revealed that ZNF280A, ZNF280B, and PRAME mRNA expression was significantly lower in the 22q11 deletion cases compared to non-deleted cases...
- The vanguard has arrived in the clinical laboratory: array-based karyotyping for prognostic markers in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaShelly R Gunn
Combimatrix Molecular Diagnostics, Irvine, CA, USA
J Mol Diagn 12:144-6. 2010..This Commentary provides a state of the art for array-based karyotyping in cancer diagnostics...