Adi V Gundlapalli
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Fertility, pregnancies and outcomes reported by females with common variable immune deficiency and hypogammaglobulinemia: results from an internet-based surveyAdi V Gundlapalli
Departments of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, 84132, USA
J Clin Immunol 35:125-34. 2015..Issues of fertility and pregnancy place an extra burden on females with primary immunodeficiencies. Patients lack reliable information and providers lack guidelines to counsel patients on these anxiety-provoking matters...
- Perspectives and concerns regarding antimicrobial agent shortages among infectious disease specialistsAdi V Gundlapalli
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 75:256-9. 2013..More effective means of informing physicians about drug shortages is critical to lessen the impact on patient care...
- A case for using grid architecture for state public health informatics: the Utah perspectiveCatherine J Staes
Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 9:32. 2009....
- Modeling the variations in pediatric respiratory syncytial virus seasonal epidemicsMolly Leecaster
Division of Epidemiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
BMC Infect Dis 11:105. 2011..Prediction of epidemic characteristics would support management of resources and treatment...
- Developing a manually annotated clinical document corpus to identify phenotypic information for inflammatory bowel diseaseBrett R South
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, IDEAS Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84148, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 10:S12. 2009..These tasks are time consuming, expensive, and require considerable effort on the part of human reviewers...
- Influenza, Winter Olympiad, 2002Adi V Gundlapalli
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:144-6. 2006..Influenza A/B was diagnosed in 36 of 188 patients, including 13 athletes. Prompt management limited the spread of this outbreak...
- Hospital electronic medical record-based public health surveillance system deployed during the 2002 Winter Olympic GamesAdi V Gundlapalli
Hospital Epidemiology Unit, Divisions of Clinical Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Am J Infect Control 35:163-71. 2007..Several computer biosurveillance systems are in place to detect events of public health (PH) significance; however, most lack access to timely and detailed patient-level data and investigation of alerts places a strain on PH resources...
- Recognizing Questions and Answers in EMR Templates Using Natural Language ProcessingGuy Divita
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 202:149-52. 2014..Similar improvement was noted when the adapted V3NLP was used to process a random sample of 318,000 notes. We demonstrate the feasibility of adapting an NLP pipeline to recognize templates. ..
- Using natural language processing on the free text of clinical documents to screen for evidence of homelessness among US veteransAdi V Gundlapalli
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, UT University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2013:537-46. 2013..Further refinements are underway to improve the performance. We demonstrate an effective and rapid lifecycle of using an off-the-shelf NLP tool for screening targets of interest from medical records. ..
- Public health communication with frontline clinicians during the first wave of the 2009 influenza pandemicCatherine J Staes
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 17:36-44. 2011..Communication between public health authorities and frontline clinicians is critical, yet public health agencies, medical societies, and healthcare delivery organizations have all called for improvements...
- Chronic multisymptom illness among female veterans deployed to iraq and afghanistanApril F Mohanty
Informatics, Decision Enhancement, and Surveillance IDEAS Center, VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT Department of Veteran Affairs, War Related Illness and Injury Study Center, New Jersey Health Care System, East Orange, NJ Department of Education and Counseling Psychology, University of Albany, Albany, NY
Med Care 53:S143-8. 2015..Chronic multisymptom illness (CMI) may be more prevalent among female Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn (OEF/OIF/OND) deployed Veterans due to deployment-related experiences...
- The EpiCanvas infectious disease weather map: an interactive visual exploration of temporal and spatial correlationsPer Hans Gesteland
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:954-9. 2012..The software prototype was pilot tested using retrospective data from a large, regional pediatric hospital, and gastrointestinal and respiratory disease outbreaks were re-created as a proof of concept...
- Validating a strategy for psychosocial phenotyping using a large corpus of clinical textAdi V Gundlapalli
IDEAS Center, VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:e355-64. 2013..Of a large number of note titles available in our database, we sought to determine those with highest yield and precision for psychosocial concepts...
- Quantitative models of the dose-response and time course of inhalational anthrax in humansDamon J A Toth
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003555. 2013..This model refines previous estimates of the distribution of early onset cases after a release and provides support for the recommended 60-day course of prophylactic antibiotic treatment for individuals exposed to low doses...
- Homelessness and the response to emerging infectious disease outbreaks: lessons from SARSCheryl S Leung
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, The Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 1W8, Canada
J Urban Health 85:402-10. 2008..The Toronto SARS experience provided insights that are relevant to response planning for future outbreaks in cities with substantial numbers of homeless individuals...