Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Soy isoflavones and risk of cancer recurrence in a cohort of breast cancer survivors: the Life After Cancer Epidemiology studyNeela Guha
Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 118:395-405. 2009..Further confirmation is required in other large prospective studies before recommendations regarding soy intake can be issued to breast cancer survivors...
- NQO1 polymorphisms and de novo childhood leukemia: a HuGE review and meta-analysisNeela Guha
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California 94704, USA
Am J Epidemiol 168:1221-32. 2008..Therefore, further research is warranted on the role of NQO1 polymorphisms in the etiology of childhood leukemia, especially among MLL-positive leukemias...
- Haplotypes of DNA repair and cell cycle control genes, X-ray exposure, and risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaAnand P Chokkalingam
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, 1995 University Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Cancer Causes Control 22:1721-30. 2011..These abnormalities may be influenced by altered DNA repair and cell cycle control processes...
- Genetic variants in the folate pathway and risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaCatherine Metayer
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, 1995 University Avenue, Suite 460, Berkeley, CA 94704 7392, USA
Cancer Causes Control 22:1243-58. 2011..We examined whether child's germline genetic variation in the folate pathway is associated with childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), and whether periconception maternal folate and alcohol intake modify the risk...
- Variation in xenobiotic transport and metabolism genes, household chemical exposures, and risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaAnand P Chokkalingam
Division of Epidemiology, UC Berkeley School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, 1995 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Cancer Causes Control 23:1367-75. 2012..We sought to evaluate the role of genes involved in xenobiotic transport and metabolism in childhood ALL risk, both alone and in conjunction with household chemical exposures previously found to be associated with childhood ALL risk...
- Characterization of residential pesticide use and chemical formulations through self-report and household inventory: the Northern California Childhood Leukemia studyNeela Guha
School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
Environ Health Perspect 121:276-82. 2013..Exposure has generally been self-reported, so the assessment is potentially limited by recall bias and lack of information on specific chemicals...
- Genetic polymorphisms in adaptive immunity genes and childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJeffrey S Chang
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2152-63. 2010..The lack of immune priming in early childhood may result in abnormal immune responses to infections later in life and increase ALL risk...