Anthony P S Guerrero
Affiliation: University of Hawaii
- The university of hawaii/university of indonesia collaboration to build and sustain a child psychiatric workforceAnthony Guerrero
University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI, USA
Acad Psychiatry 38:209-12. 2014..The authors present this program as an example of a collaboration that developed the local workforce and that has utilized modern technology in international, bidirectionally beneficial education. ..
- Care for the seafarers: a review of mental health in AustronesiaAnthony P S Guerrero
University of Hawai i at Mānoa John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Asia Pac Psychiatry 5:119-40. 2013..Our aim was to describe the Austronesians, an ethno-linguistic group living primarily in islands and coastal areas in the Pacific and Indian Oceans and Southeast Asia...
- Low cultural identification, low parental involvement and adverse peer influences as risk factors for delinquent behaviour among Filipino youth in Hawai'iAnthony P S Guerrero
University of Hawai i, John A Burns School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Asian Pacific Islander Youth Violence Prevention Center, USA
Int J Soc Psychiatry 56:371-88. 2010..Among Filipino youth in Hawai'i, low Filipino cultural identification and low family support may be important risk factors for delinquency...
- Immune globulin-responsive thrombocytopenia in acute post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis: report of a case in Hawai'iAnthony P S Guerrero
University of Hawai i John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Hawaii Med J 68:56-8. 2009..This case was similar to the 5 cases previously reported in the literature, with the exception that steroids were not used as the primary immune-modulating therapy...
- The fall and redemption of people and systems: potential lessons from the "star wars" sagaAnthony P S Guerrero
University of Hawa i, John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, Hawa i 96813, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:485-90. 2007....
- Centipede bites in Hawai'i: a brief case report and review of the literatureAnthony P S Guerrero
Hawaii Med J 66:125-7. 2007..The author recommends that clinicians structure assessments of centipede bites around knowledge of serious potential complications and provide counseling on prevention of future attacks...
- Correlations among socioeconomic and family factors and academic, behavioral, and emotional difficulties in Filipino adolescents in Hawai'iAnthony P S Guerrero
National Center on Indigenous Hawaiian Behavioral Health NCIHBH, Department of Psychiatry, University of Hawai i John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu 96813, USA
Int J Soc Psychiatry 52:343-59. 2006..Because of socioeconomic and acculturative challenges faced by immigrant families, Filipino adolescents in Hawai'i may be at risk for academic, behavioral and emotional difficulties...
- Youth violence prevention in a problem-based clerkship curriculumAnthony P S Guerrero
Asian Pacific Islander Youth Violence Prevention Center and the University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Am J Prev Med 29:206-10. 2005..We recommend that other programs consider problem-based learning as one of several methods to teach youth violence prevention and that educational outcomes be studied further...
- General medical considerations in child and adolescent patients who present with psychiatric symptomsAnthony P Guerrero
Department of Psychiatry, University of Hawai i John A Burns School of Medicine, 1356 Lusitana Street, 4th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 12:613-28. 2003....
- Use of the mechanistic case diagramming technique to teach the biopsychosocial-cultural formulation to psychiatric clerksAnthony P S Guerrero
Department of Psychiatry, University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Queen s University Tower, Fourth Floor, 1356 Lusitana St, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Acad Psychiatry 27:88-92. 2003....
- Demographic and clinical characteristics of adolescents in Hawaii with obsessive-compulsive disorderAnthony P S Guerrero
The Native Hawaiian Mental Health Research Development Program of the Department of Psychiatry, University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu 96813, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 157:665-70. 2003....
- The National Center on Indigenous Hawaiian Behavioral Health study of prevalence of psychiatric disorders in native Hawaiian adolescentsNaleen N Andrade
National Center on Indigenous Hawaiian Behavioral Health, Department of Psychiatry, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawai i at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawai i 96813, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:26-36. 2006..The prevalence rates of disorders among a community-based sample of Hawaiian youths were determined and compared to previously published epidemiological studies...
- Smoking cessation counseling training for pediatric residents in the continuity clinic settingMeta T Lee
Department of Pediatrics, University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, 96826, USA
Ambul Pediatr 4:289-94. 2004..To determine the effectiveness of a clinic-based smoking cessation counseling curriculum on pediatric resident confidence, knowledge, counseling skills, and provision of counseling...
- The role of violence prevention education at the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine (UH-JABSOM)Anthony P S Guerrero
University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, USA
Hawaii Med J 62:83, 89. 2003
- USMLE performances in a predominantly Asian and Pacific Islander population of medical students in a problem-based learning curriculumRichard T Kasuya
Office of Medical Education, University of Hawai i John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Acad Med 78:483-90. 2003..To compare the USMLE performances of students of various ethnicities, predominantly Pacific Islander and Asian, at one medical school and to examine the predictive validity of MCAT scores for USMLE performance...
- Training healthcare professionals in youth violence prevention: an overviewDean E Sidelinger
UCSD Academic Center of Excellence on Youth Violence Prevention, School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0927, USA
Am J Prev Med 29:200-5. 2005..Two of the sites developed separate courses for students (University of California, San Diego and University of Puerto Rico) whereas the third integrated teaching through the medical school (University of Hawaii)...
- Suicidal behavior trends in a pediatric population in Hawai'iRonald C Magat
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Hawaii Med J 67:69-73. 2008..Thus, the results have the potential to direct interventions for community suicide prevention programs in Hawai'i, with a focus on coping strategies and medication overdose education...