Affiliation: University of California
- A longitudinal analysis of patterns of adjustment following peer victimizationLaura D Hanish
Department of Family and Human Development, Arizona State University, Tempe 85287 2502, USA
Dev Psychopathol 14:69-89. 2002..Moreover, significant gender and age differences in the severity of effects were obtained. The discussion highlights the complexity of victimization effects...
- Community violence exposure, social cognition, and aggression among urban elementary school childrenNancy G Guerra
Department of Psychology, University of California, Riverside 92521, USA
Child Dev 74:1561-76. 2003..These findings suggest that witnessing community violence has an effect on children's aggressive behavior through both imitation of violence and the development of associated cognitions as children get older...
- Proximal peer-level effects of a small-group selected prevention on aggression in elementary school children: an investigation of the peer contagion hypothesisPaul Boxer
Department of Psychology, University of New Orleans, 2001 GP Building Lakefront, New Orleans, LA 70148, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 33:325-38. 2005..From these results we derive a principle of "discrepancy-proportional peer-influence" for small group intervention, and discuss the implications of this for aggregating aggressive children in small group programs...
- Effects of multiple context and cumulative stress on urban children's adjustment in elementary schoolJulie R Morales
University of California at Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Child Dev 77:907-23. 2006..The important influence of life events stress on children's adjustment in disadvantaged communities is discussed...
- Prevalence and predictors of internet bullyingKirk R Williams
Presley Center for Crime and Justice Studies, University of California at Riverside, Riverside, California 92521, USA
J Adolesc Health 41:S14-21. 2007....
- How culture impacts the dissemination and implementation of innovation: a case study of the Families and Schools Together program (FAST) for preventing violence with immigrant Latino youthNancy G Guerra
Department of Psychology, University of California, 1423 Olmstead Hal, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Am J Community Psychol 41:304-13. 2008..As we point out, the culture of the client and the culture of the agency can facilitate or impede connections within and across these interactive systems...
- Lessons learned: recent advances in understanding and preventing childhood aggressionNancy G Guerra
Department of Psychology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Adv Child Dev Behav 36:287-330. 2008