Valerie A Gruber
Affiliation: University of California
- Interactions between buprenorphine and the protease inhibitors darunavir-ritonavir and fosamprenavir-ritonavirValerie A Gruber
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, CA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:414-23. 2012..This study examined drug interactions between buprenorphine, a partial opioid agonist used for opioid dependence treatment and pain management, and the protease inhibitors (PIs) darunavir-ritonavir and fosamprenavir-ritonavir...
- Methadone, buprenorphine, and street drug interactions with antiretroviral medicationsValerie A Gruber
San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, 1001 Potrero Avenue, Ward 93 95, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 7:152-60. 2010..Further, there are many frequently used medications in treatment of complications of HIV disease that have not been studied. There is need for continuing research to define these drug interactions and their clinical significance...
- Interactions between alcohol and the HIV entry inhibitor MaravirocValerie A Gruber
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care 12:375-7. 2013..The present study evaluated the effects of alcohol on maraviroc pharmacokinetics and the effects of maraviroc on alcohol pharmacokinetics...
- Directly administered antiretroviral therapy: pilot study of a structural intervention in methadone maintenanceJames L Sorensen
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 43:418-23. 2012..This study demonstrates that DAART is adaptable and simple enough to be implemented into methadone treatment programs interested in providing HIV adherence services...
- Interaction of disulfiram with antiretroviral medications: efavirenz increases while atazanavir decreases disulfiram effect on enzymes of alcohol metabolismElinore F McCance-Katz
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Am J Addict 23:137-44. 2014..Alcohol pharmacotherapies, including disulfiram (DIS), are infrequently utilized in co-occurring HIV and alcohol use disorders possibly related to concerns about drug interactions between antiretroviral (ARV) medications and DIS...
- Untreated HIV infection is associated with higher blood alcohol levelsElinore F McCance-Katz
Department of Psychiatry, Addiction Medicine Research, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 60:282-8. 2012..This pilot study examines the relationship of untreated HIV infection to blood alcohol concentrations (BAC) relative to BAC after initiation of antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- A randomized trial of 6-month methadone maintenance with standard or minimal counseling versus 21-day methadone detoxificationValerie A Gruber
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, 1001 Potrero Avenue, Ward 93, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 94:199-206. 2008..Important questions remain regarding the necessary duration and intensity for methadone treatment to be effective...
- HAART adherence strategies for methadone clients who are HIV-positive: a treatment manual for implementing contingency management and medication coachingNancy A Haug
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Behav Modif 30:752-81. 2006..The purpose of this manual is to describe the intervention procedures for clinicians and to serve as a resource for drug abuse treatment programs that serve clients who are HIV-positive...