Affiliation: University of California
- Body mass index and early kidney function decline in young adults: a longitudinal analysis of the CARDIA (Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults) studyVanessa Grubbs
University of California, San Francisco, CA Electronic address
Am J Kidney Dis 63:590-7. 2014..We sought to examine the association of body mass index (BMI) with kidney function decline in a cohort of young adults with preserved glomerular filtration at baseline...
- Americans' use of dietary supplements that are potentially harmful in CKDVanessa Grubbs
Division of Nephrology, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 61:739-47. 2013..The prevalence in the United States of dietary supplement use that may be harmful to those with chronic kidney disease (CKD) is unknown. We sought to characterize potentially harmful supplement use by individual CKD status...
- Medicare immunosuppressant coverage and access to kidney transplantation: a retrospective national cohort studyVanessa Grubbs
Division of Nephrology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:254. 2012..We sought to examine access to waitlisting for kidney transplantation in a cohort spanning this policy change...
- Chronic kidney disease and use of dental services in a United States public healthcare system: a retrospective cohort studyVanessa Grubbs
San Francisco General Hospital, Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
BMC Nephrol 13:16. 2012..Access to dental care may be limited in the US public health system...
- Vulnerable populations and the association between periodontal and chronic kidney diseaseVanessa Grubbs
Division of Nephrology, University of California San Francisco San Francisco General Hospital Renal Center, Box 1341, 1001 Potrero Avenue, Building 100, Room 342, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:711-7. 2011..Recent studies suggest an overall association between chronic kidney disease (CKD) and periodontal disease, but it is unknown whether this association is similar across various subpopulations...
- Health literacy and access to kidney transplantationVanessa Grubbs
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0532, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:195-200. 2009..We hypothesized that inadequate health literacy in a hemodialysis population is common and is associated with poorer access to kidney transplant wait-lists...
- Estimated kidney function based on serum cystatin C and risk of subsequent coronary artery calcium in young and middle-aged adults with preserved kidney function: results from the CARDIA studyNisha Bansal
Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0532, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Epidemiol 178:410-7. 2013..01) in adjusted models. In conclusion, among young and middle-aged adults with eGFRcys greater than 60 mL/min/1.73 m(2), annual decline in eGFRcys is an independent risk factor for subsequent CAC. ..
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use among persons with chronic kidney disease in the United StatesLaura Plantinga
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Ann Fam Med 9:423-30. 2011..Because avoidance of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) is recommended for most individuals with chronic kidney disease (CKD), we sought to characterize patterns of NSAID use among persons with CKD in the United States...
- Effect of food insecurity on chronic kidney disease in lower-income AmericansDeidra C Crews
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Nephrol 39:27-35. 2014..We examined whether food insecurity is associated with prevalent CKD among lower-income individuals in both the general US adult population and an urban population...
- Good for harvest, bad for plantingVanessa Grubbs
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:232-7. 2007
- Chronic kidney disease and cognitive function in older adults: findings from the chronic renal insufficiency cohort cognitive studyKristine Yaffe
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:338-45. 2010....
- Health status as a potential mediator of the association between hemodialysis vascular access and mortalityVanessa Grubbs
Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 29:892-8. 2014..It is unknown whether the selection of healthier patients for arteriovenous fistula (AVF) placement explains higher observed catheter-associated mortality among elderly hemodialysis patients...
- Acute myocardial infarction length of stay and hospital mortality are not associated with language preferenceVanessa Grubbs
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:190-4. 2008..Language barriers between patients and providers may influence the process and quality of care...