Affiliation: University of California
- Good for harvest, bad for plantingVanessa Grubbs
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:232-7. 2007
- Acute myocardial infarction length of stay and hospital mortality are not associated with language preferenceVanessa Grubbs
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:190-4. 2008..Language barriers between patients and providers may influence the process and quality of care...
- Health literacy and access to kidney transplantationVanessa Grubbs
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0532, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:195-200. 2009..We hypothesized that inadequate health literacy in a hemodialysis population is common and is associated with poorer access to kidney transplant wait-lists...
- Chronic kidney disease and use of dental services in a United States public healthcare system: a retrospective cohort studyVanessa Grubbs
San Francisco General Hospital, Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
BMC Nephrol 13:16. 2012..Access to dental care may be limited in the US public health system...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use among persons with chronic kidney disease in the United StatesLaura Plantinga
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Ann Fam Med 9:423-30. 2011..Because avoidance of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) is recommended for most individuals with chronic kidney disease (CKD), we sought to characterize patterns of NSAID use among persons with CKD in the United States...
- Chronic kidney disease and cognitive function in older adults: findings from the chronic renal insufficiency cohort cognitive studyKristine Yaffe
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:338-45. 2010....
- Effect of awareness of language law on language access in the health care settingVanessa Grubbs
Division of General Internal Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:683-8. 2006..Federal law obligates health care providers receiving federal funding to ensure language access to limited English-proficient (LEP) individuals who cannot communicate with their provider...
- Medicare immunosuppressant coverage and access to kidney transplantation: a retrospective national cohort studyVanessa Grubbs
Division of Nephrology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:254. 2012..We sought to examine access to waitlisting for kidney transplantation in a cohort spanning this policy change...
- Vulnerable populations and the association between periodontal and chronic kidney diseaseVanessa Grubbs
Division of Nephrology, University of California San Francisco San Francisco General Hospital Renal Center, Box 1341, 1001 Potrero Avenue, Building 100, Room 342, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:711-7. 2011..Recent studies suggest an overall association between chronic kidney disease (CKD) and periodontal disease, but it is unknown whether this association is similar across various subpopulations...