Kristin W Grover
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- HIV symptom distress and smoking outcome expectancies among HIV+ smokers: a pilot testKristin W Grover
Department of Psychology, The University of Vermont, 2 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 27:17-21. 2013..Clinical implications for HIV+ smokers are discussed, including the importance of developing effective smoking cessation treatments that meet the unique needs of this group of smokers...
- Does quitting smoking during pregnancy have a long-term impact on smoking status?Kristin W Grover
Department of Psychology, The University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 123:110-4. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the relation between smoking cessation during pregnancy and smoking status three years later...
- Does current versus former smoking play a role in the relationship between anxiety and mood disorders and nicotine dependence?Kristin W Grover
Department of Psychology, The University of Vermont, John Dewey Hall, 2 Colchester Ave, Burlington, VT 05405, United States
Addict Behav 37:682-5. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the relations between anxiety/mood disorders and 1) nicotine dependence and 2) current versus former smoking...
- Does expressed acceptance reflect genuine attitudes? A bogus pipeline study of the effects of mortality salience on acceptance of a person with AIDSKristin W Grover
The University of Vermont, Department of Psychology, John Dewey Hall, 2 Colchester Ave, Burlington, VT 05405 0134, USA
J Soc Psychol 152:131-5. 2012....
- HIV symptom distress and anxiety sensitivity in relation to panic, social anxiety, and depression symptoms among HIV-positive adultsAdam Gonzalez
Department of Psychology, University of Vermont, Burlington, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:156-64. 2012..Limitations included recruitment from ASOs, cross-sectional self-report data, and lack of a clinical diagnostic assessment...
- Effects of mortality salience and perceived vulnerability on HIV testing intentions and behaviourKristin W Grover
a Department of Psychology, The University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Psychol Health 29:475-90. 2014..Research indicates that death thoughts that occur in response to health threats affect subsequent health behaviour. The present study examined the effects of mortality salience on HIV testing...
- Community norms about suppression of AIDS-related prejudice and perceptions of stigma by people with HIV or AIDSCarol T Miller
Department of Psychology, University of Vermont, 2 Colchester Ave, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Psychol Sci 22:579-83. 2011..Reported experiences with discrimination and exclusion were unrelated to community motivations. The results of our study suggest that external and internal pressures to control prejudice shape the experience of stigmatization...