Genomes and Genes
Gary R Grotendorst
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Combinatorial signaling pathways determine fibroblast proliferation and myofibroblast differentiationGary R Grotendorst
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
FASEB J 18:469-79. 2004..We propose a model for this process with regard to wound repair and fibrotic lesion formation that is likely applicable to other instances of CTGF action during embryogenesis...
- Connective tissue growth factor expression and action in human corneal fibroblast cultures and rat corneas after photorefractive keratectomyTimothy D Blalock
Institute for Wound Research, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0294, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:1879-87. 2003....
- Mediation of transforming growth factor-beta(1)-stimulated matrix contraction by fibroblasts: a role for connective tissue growth factor in contractile scarringJulie T Daniels
Epithelial Repair and Regeneration Group, Wound Healing Research Unit, Divisions of Pathology and Cell Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 163:2043-52. 2003..Inhibition of CTGF activity or gene transcription could be a suitable target for anti-scarring therapies...
- Expression of connective tissue growth factor after glaucoma filtration surgery in a rabbit modelDouglas W Esson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0284, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:485-91. 2004..To gain further understanding of the role of CTGF in the scar formation that occurs after glaucoma filtering surgery (GFS), experiments were performed in a rabbit model...
- Involvement of CTGF in TGF-beta1-stimulation of myofibroblast differentiation and collagen matrix contraction in the presence of mechanical stressQian Garrett
Wound Healing Research Unit, Institute of Ophthalmology, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1109-16. 2004..This study was undertaken to investigate the role of connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) in fibroblast-to-myofibroblast differentiation and fibroblast-mediated collagen matrix contraction in the presence of mechanical stress...
- Individual domains of connective tissue growth factor regulate fibroblast proliferation and myofibroblast differentiationGary R Grotendorst
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Drive, S E, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
FASEB J 19:729-38. 2005..These data provide a molecular basis for the divergence of CTGF actions on connective tissue cell types and suggest a model for functional analysis of all of the CCN family gene products...
- Expression of connective tissue growth factor in intra-abdominal adhesionsKlaus Thaler
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, 2950 Cleveland Clinic Boulevard, Weston, FL 33331, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 45:1510-9. 2002..The aim of our study was to determine the expression pattern of connective tissue growth factor in postoperative intra-abdominal adhesions...