Maureen W Groer
Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Cytokines, infections, stress, and dysphoric moods in breastfeeders and formula feedersMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida College of Nursing, Tampa, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 35:599-607. 2006..To analyze relationships between stress, moods, and immunity in breastfeeding compared to formula-feeding mothers...
- Inflammatory effects and immune system correlates of rapeMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida, College of Nursing, Tampa 33612 4799, USA
Violence Vict 21:796-808. 2006..If these immune changes persist, they may contribute to the pathophysiology of long-term health sequelae by provoking chronic inflammation and decreased cellular immunocompetence...
- The association between variants on chromosome 9p21 and inflammatory biomarkers in ethnically diverse women with coronary heart disease: a pilot studyTheresa M Beckie
University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Biol Res Nurs 13:306-19. 2011..The authors also sought to explore the relationship between these genetic variants and biomarkers of inflammation...
- Immune, health and endocrine characteristics of depressed postpartum mothersMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida College of Nursing, MDC 22, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:133-9. 2007..The data supports the possibility that postpartum depression may be associated with a dysregulated HPA axis and possible depressed cellular immunity...
- Multidimensional scaling of multiplex data: human milk cytokinesMaureen W Groer
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Biol Res Nurs 13:289-96. 2011..This analytical tool may provide a new approach to understanding the physiology of milk cytokines and may be generalizable to multiplex data in general...
- Postpartum stressors: a content analysisCecilia M Jevitt
University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33606, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 33:309-18. 2012..Sixteen of 20 items on the TPSS were identified in the narratives. No stressor categories outside the TPSS were identified...
- The relationship between polymorphisms on chromosome 9p21 and age of onset of coronary heart disease in black and white womenTheresa M Beckie
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 15:435-42. 2011..We also explored the relationship between 9p21 SNPs and the age of CHD onset...
- Breastfeeding status and maternal cardiovascular variables across the postpartumMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida Colleges of Nursing and Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 22:453-9. 2013..Most of these studies are epidemiological. If particular cardiometabolic changes that occur during lactation ultimately influence women's health later is unknown...
- The influence of cardiac rehabilitation on inflammation and metabolic syndrome in women with coronary heart diseaseTheresa M Beckie
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612 4766, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 25:52-60. 2010..The influence of cardiac rehabilitation (CR) on MetS and inflammatory biomarkers is not well characterized for women...
- Exercise is associated with elevated proinflammatory cytokines in human milkMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida, College of Nursing, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 38:35-41. 2009..To explore relationships between self-reported exercise in postpartum women and concentrations of cytokines and secretory immunoglobulin A in their milk...
- Positive thyroid peroxidase antibody titer is associated with dysphoric moods during pregnancy and postpartumMaureen W Groer
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 42:E26-32. 2013..To examine general dysphoric moods prospectively in women who tested positive for thyroid peroxidase autoantibodies (TPO) during pregnancy and postpartum...
- Fetal microchimerism and women's health: a new paradigmMaureen W Groer
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, 12910 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Biol Res Nurs 13:346-50. 2011..This article reviews the history, major discoveries, and current concepts and gaps in knowledge in the field of fetal MC...
- Prenatal depression and anxiety in Toxoplasma gondii-positive womenMaureen W Groer
University of South Florida, Tampa, 33612, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 204:433.e1-7. 2011..This study analyzed a relationship between prenatal mood states and serologic evidence of immune response to Toxoplasma gondii. A secondary aim was to determine whether thyroid peroxidase autoantibody status was related to T gondii status...
- The controversy about what constitutes safe and nurturant infant sleep environmentsKatherine H Morgan
University of Tennessee College of Nursing, Knoxville, TN, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 35:684-91. 2006..This article seeks to inform health care professionals of the issues involved in the controversy and to offer guidelines for educating parents about safe and unsafe sleep practices...