Charles A Griffis
Affiliation: University of California
- Pain-related activation of leukocyte cellular adhesion molecules: preliminary findingsCharles A Griffis
School of Nursing, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1702, USA
Neuroimmunomodulation 14:224-8. 2007..This study examined the effects of acute experimental pain on catecholamine and cortisol levels and leukocyte expression of cellular adhesion molecules...
- Implications of immune function to anesthesia careCharles A Griffis
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Anesthesiology, USA
AANA J 76:449-54. 2008..Patient populations at risk for increased morbidity due to perioperative immune depression are identified, along with patient-specific measures nurse anesthetists can take to reduce postoperative immune dysfunction...
- Neuroimmune activation and chronic painCharles A Griffis
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Anesthesiology, Los Angeles, California, USA
AANA J 79:31-7. 2011..The clinical implications of neuroimmune activation to improved treatment of chronic pain states are discussed...
- The effect of pain on leukocyte cellular adhesion moleculesCharles A Griffis
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Nursing, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Biol Res Nurs 7:297-312. 2006..Clinical implications and suggestions for further research in the area of painful stress-related inflammation are offered...
- Acute painful stress and inflammatory mediator productionCharles A Griffis
UCLA Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroimmunomodulation 20:127-33. 2013..Proinflammatory pathways may be activated under conditions of painful stress, which is hypothesized to worsen the experience of pain and place medically vulnerable populations at risk for increased morbidity...