A T Griffin
Affiliation: University of Louisville
- Streptococcus anginosus group and osteomyelitis: a single centre clinical experienceAllen Thomas Griffin
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Louisville, 501 East Broadway, Suite 380, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Postgrad Med J 89:262-5. 2013..The objective of this study was to describe a series of patients with osteomyelitis due to S anginosus group pathogens in terms of demographics, comorbidities, presentation and outcomes...
- Empiric therapy directed against MRSA in patients admitted to the intensive care unit does not improve outcomes in community-acquired pneumoniaA T Griffin
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Louisville, 501 East Broadway, Suite 380, Louisville, KY, 40292, USA
Infection 41:517-23. 2013..However, there is sparse data to support this recommendation. The objective of our study was to ascertain if such a practice improves outcomes...
- Q fever endocarditis: an unusual presentationAllen T Griffin
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Am J Med Sci 344:480-4. 2012..We report a highly unusual case of Q fever endocarditis acquired in the United States marked by atypical cardiac manifestations...
- Review of metabolic, immunologic, and virologic consequences of suboptimal vitamin D levels in HIV infectionAllen T Griffin
School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:516-25. 2012..More research is needed to confirm these potential consequences of low vitamin D in those with HIV and to discern the benefits of routine screening for and treatment of low vitamin D in this population...
- Macrolides versus quinolones in Legionella pneumonia: results from the Community-Acquired Pneumonia Organization international studyA T Griffin
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 14:495-9. 2010..Data supporting a quinolone or a macrolide as preferred therapy for community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) due to Legionella pneumophila are not firmly established. Some literature suggests a benefit of quinolones over macrolides...