Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Physical activity attitudes, preferences, and practices in African American, Hispanic, and Caucasian girlsMira Grieser
Department of Kinesiology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Health Educ Behav 33:40-51. 2006..The results suggest that factors other than ethnicity contribute to girls' physical activity preferences and that distinct interventions may not be needed for each ethnic group...
- Black, Hispanic, and white girls' perceptions of environmental and social support and enjoyment of physical activityMira Grieser
Department of Kinesiology, Health and Human Performance Building, University of Maryland College Park, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Sch Health 78:314-20. 2008....
- Policies and opportunities for physical activity in middle school environmentsDeborah R Young
Department of Kinesiology, University of Maryland, 2312 Health and Human Performance Building, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Sch Health 77:41-7. 2007..This study examined physical activity opportunities and barriers at 36 geographically diverse middle schools participating in the Trial of Activity for Adolescent Girls...
- Adolescent girls' exposure to physical activity-promoting environmentsMira Grieser
University of Maryland School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, College Park, MD, USA
Am J Health Behav 38:74-82. 2014..To examine self-reported exposure to a physical activity (PA) promoting intervention and changes to school environmental PA factors...
- Formative research in school and community-based health programs and studies: "state of the art" and the TAAG approachJoel Gittelsohn
Center for Human Nutrition, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2179, USA
Health Educ Behav 33:25-39. 2006..The purpose, method of development, and analyses are explained for each method...
- Girls' activity levels and lesson contexts in middle school PE: TAAG baselineThomas L McKenzie
Department of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences, San Diego State University, CA 92182 7251, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:1229-35. 2006..To assess girls' physical activity (PA) in middle school physical education (PE) as it relates to field site, lesson context and location, teacher gender, and class composition...
- Recruiting a diverse group of middle school girls into the trial of activity for adolescent girlsJohn P Elder
Division of Health Promotion, Graduate School of Public Health, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
J Sch Health 78:523-31. 2008..TAAG provided a unique opportunity to recruit large cohorts of randomly sampled girls within 36 diverse middle schools across the United States...
- Promoting physical activity in middle school girls: Trial of Activity for Adolescent GirlsLarry S Webber
Department of Biostatistics, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:173-84. 2008..Physical activity is important for weight control and good health; however, activity levels decline in the adolescent years, particularly in girls...