Affiliation: University of Georgia
- Dietary zinc depletion and repletion affects plasma proteins: an analysis of the plasma proteomeArthur Grider
Department of Foods and Nutrition, College of Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Biometals 26:133-40. 2013..Fibrin β increased two-fold following the Zn depletion period and decreased to baseline values following the Zn repletion period; this protein may serve as a viable biomarker for Zn status in the future...
- Consumption of a moderately Zn-deficient and Zn-supplemented diet affects soluble protein expression in rat soleus muscleArthur Grider
Department of Foods and Nutrition, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Nutr Biochem 18:753-9. 2007....
- Analysis of the liver soluble proteome from bull terriers affected with inherited lethal acrodermatitisArthur Grider
University of Georgia, Department of Foods and Nutrition, 171 Dawson Hall, Athens, GA 30606, USA
Mol Genet Metab 92:249-57. 2007..The differentially expressed proteins that were identified may be key in understanding the etiology of LAD, and may lead to diagnostic tools for its identification within the bull terrier population...
- Proteomic analysis and differential expression in protein extracted from chicken with a varying growth rate and water-holding capacityPhodchanee Phongpa-Ngan
Food Science and Technology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, United States
J Agric Food Chem 59:13181-7. 2011..This information identified protein markers associated with growth rate and water holding capacity. Some of those protein markers could be added to the chicken database...
- Expression of P2X6, a purinergic receptor subunit, is affected by dietary zinc deficiency in rat hippocampusYe Chu
Department of Food and Nutrition, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Biol Trace Elem Res 91:77-87. 2003..The role the P2X6 receptor plays in the physiological response of the hippocampus to zinc depletion remains to be determined...
- Genetic analysis of tissue glutathione concentrations and redox balanceYang Zhou
Department of Foods and Nutrition and University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 71:157-64. 2014..We identified novel candidate genes that have the potential to redefine our knowledge of redox biochemistry and its regulation and inform future therapeutic applications. ..
- The effects of quercetin on SW480 human colon carcinoma cells: a proteomic studyMichael F Mouat
Department of Foods and Nutrition, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Nutr J 4:11. 2005..This could elucidate how quercetin may reduce the progression of colon cancer...
- Zinc uptake into MCF-10A cells is inhibited by cholesterol depletionMichael F Mouat
University of Georgia, Department of Foods and Nutrition, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Nutr Biochem 14:74-80. 2003..The relatively mild effects of potassium depletion and chlorpromazine suggest that a small portion of Zn uptake may require coated pit endocytosis...