Lawrence W Green
Affiliation: University of California
- Evaluating the relevance, generalization, and applicability of research: issues in external validation and translation methodologyLawrence W Green
University of California at San Francisco, USA
Eval Health Prof 29:126-53. 2006....
- Assessing the outcomes of participatory research: protocol for identifying, selecting, appraising and synthesizing the literature for realist reviewJustin Jagosh
Department of Family Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Implement Sci 6:24. 2011....
- Inferring strategies for disseminating physical activity policies, programs, and practices from the successes of tobacco controlLawrence W Green
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 31:S66-81. 2006..In the concluding section, some lessons are identified that we believe may be successfully utilized in societal attempts to increase physical activity in world populations...
- Making research relevant: if it is an evidence-based practice, where's the practice-based evidence?Lawrence W Green
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, 185 Berry Street, PO Box 0981, San Francisco, CA 9414 0981, USA
Fam Pract 25:i20-4. 2008....
- The FLU-FOBT Program in community clinics: durable benefits of a randomized controlled trialJudith M E Walsh
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero Street San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Health Educ Res 27:886-94. 2012..Clinic leaders acknowledged barriers to maintenance but also observed several beneficial practice changes. Many components of the FLU-FOBT Program were maintained, with beneficial outcomes for participating practices...
- Policy-contribution assessment and field-building analysis of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Active Living Research ProgramJudith M Ottoson
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:S34-43. 2009..This evaluation reports on the trajectory of influence of past and future ALR outcomes on field-building and policy contributions as well as on possible users of completed and disseminated ALR products...
- Through tobacco industry eyes: civil society and the FCTC process from Philip Morris and British American Tobacco's perspectivesMariaelena Gonzalez
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UCSF, 530 Parnassus Avenue, Box 1390, San Francisco, California 94143 1390, USA
Tob Control 21:e1. 2012....
- Diffusion theory and knowledge dissemination, utilization, and integration in public healthLawrence W Green
Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0981, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 30:151-74. 2009..Finally, we suggest ways to blend diffusion with other theory and evidence in guiding a more decentralized approach to dissemination and implementation in public health, including changes in the ways we produce the science itself...
- The effectiveness of the FLU-FOBT program in primary care a randomized trialMichael B Potter
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, 94143 0900, USA
Am J Prev Med 41:9-16. 2011..The effectiveness of the FLU-FOBT Program when implemented during primary care visits has not been extensively studied...
- Primary prevention of type 2 diabetes: integrative public health and primary care opportunities, challenges and strategiesLawrence W Green
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, 66 Santa Paula Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94127, USA
Fam Pract 29:i13-23. 2012....
- Adaptation of the FLU-FOBT Program for a primary care clinic serving a low-income Chinese American community: new evidence of effectivenessMichael B Potter
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Calfornia, San Francisco, CA 94143 0900, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:284-95. 2011..We sought to adapt and evaluate the FLU-FOBT Program for a primary care clinic serving a low-income Chinese American community...
- The prevention research centers as models of practice-based evidence two decades onLawrence W Green
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:S6-8. 2007
- Exploring potential research contributions to policy: the Salud America! ExperienceJudith M Ottoson
San Francisco State University, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Prev Med 44:S282-9. 2013....
- Community outreach: from measuring the difference to making a difference with health informationJudith M Ottoson
Institute of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 93:S49-56. 2005..The evaluation of such outreach needs to involve the community in assessing the program's process and outcomes...
- An integrative framework for community partnering to translate theory into effective health promotion strategyAllan Best
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Health Promot 18:168-76. 2003....
- Possible lessons from the tobacco experience for obesity controlShawna L Mercer
Office of Extramural Prevention Research, Public Health Practice Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 77:1073S-1082S. 2003....
- Appraising and funding participatory research in health promotion. 1998-99M Anne George
Int Q Community Health Educ 26:171-87. 2006
- Potential lessons from public health and health promotion for the prevention of child abuseJoanne B Martin
Indiana University, 1111 Middle Dr, NU 238, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5107, USA
J Prev Interv Community 34:205-22. 2007..Balance efficacy, feasibility, and cultural appropriateness. Develop strategies for effective policy advocacy based upon who benefits and who shoulders most of the burden...
- Vision for a global registry of anticipated public health studiesBernard C K Choi
Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, Public Health Agency of Canada, Government of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Bernard_
Am J Public Health 97:S82-7. 2007..This prospective, comprehensive system for tracking research in public health could help enhance collaboration and improve efficiency. Practical problems must be discussed before such a vision can be further developed...
- Fighting back or fighting themselves? Community coalitions against substance abuse and their use of best practicesLawrence W Green
Am J Prev Med 23:303-6. 2002
- An interview with Lawrence W Green. Interview by Molly T. Laflin and David R. BlackLawrence W Green
Am J Health Behav 27:466-78. 2003
- Software to assist with programme planning: two community-based casesChris Lovato
University of British Columbia, Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, 5804 Fairview Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6T IZ, Canada
Promot Educ 10:120-6. 2003
- Cigarette smoking, mental health and social support: data from a northwestern First NationMark Daniel
Departement de Medecine sociale et preventive, Universite de Montreal, Succursale Centre Ville, Quebec
Can J Public Health 95:45-9. 2004..Understanding relations between affect and smoking behaviour is requisite to mounting anti-smoking interventions...
- Participatory research and evaluation: from best practices for all states to achievable practices within each state in the context of the Master Settlement AgreementShawna L Mercer
Office of Science and Extramural Research, Public Health Practice Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Health Promot Pract 5:167S-178S. 2004..These findings are being used to inform CDC's research funding. Meanwhile, user-driven technical assistance for participatory evaluation is being accessed by many states...
- Ethics and community-based participatory research: commentary on MinklerLawrence W Green
Office of Science and Extramural Research, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, USA
Health Educ Behav 31:698-701. 2004
- The public health infrastructure and our nation's healthEdward L Baker
The North Carolina Institute for Public Health, Chapel Hill, 27599 8165, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 26:303-18. 2005..We conclude that a newly strengthened public health infrastructure must be sustained in the future through a balancing of the values inherent in the federal system...
- External validity: we need to do moreRussell E Glasgow
Ann Behav Med 31:105-8. 2006
- New insights into how mass media works for and against tobaccoLawrence W Green
J Health Commun 7:245-8. 2002