- Integration of creative expression into community-based participatory research and health promotion with Native AmericansNORMA GRAY
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Fam Community Health 33:186-92. 2010..This article reviews and discusses methods and benefits of incorporating creative expression into health promotion programs and community-based participatory research with Native Americans...
- Addressing trauma in substance abuse treatment with American Indian adolescentsN Gray
University of Arizona Prevention Center, College of Medicine, Tucson 85724 5159, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 15:393-9. 1998..The possible benefits of addressing trauma and posttraumatic stress as means of enhancing treatment is explored. An example of residential treatment that involved a focus on trauma and loss is included...
- Culturally focused wellness intervention for American Indian women of a small southwest community: associations with alcohol use, abstinence self-efficacy, symptoms of depression, and self-esteemNORMA GRAY
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Am J Health Promot 25:e1-10. 2010..Participation in two intervention approaches was compared: a curriculum-based health promotion–only approach and health promotion combined with cognitive-behavioral skills building (CBSB)...
- Potential risk factors associated with weight control behaviors in elementary and middle school girlsC M Shisslak
University of Arizona Prevention Center, Tucson 85719, USA
J Psychosom Res 44:301-13. 1998..Longitudinal research is needed to determine how risk factors change over time, beginning in elementary school and continuing through high school...
- American Indian and Alaska Native substance abuse: co-morbidity and cultural issuesN Gray
University of Arizona College of Public Health, Tucson, AZ, USA
Am Indian Alsk Native Ment Health Res 10:67-84. 2001..The Medicine Wheel, one respected and accepted treatment approach developed by AI/AN communities, is described in detail since it helps address all of the co-morbid issues discussed...