Clarence C Gravlee
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Food store owners' and managers' perspectives on the food environment: an exploratory mixed-methods studyClarence C Gravlee
Department of Anthropology, University of Florida, 1112 Turlington Hall, PO Box 117305, Gainesville, FL 32611 7305, USA
BMC Public Health 14:1031. 2014..This article extends research on consumer food environments by examining the perspectives of food-store owners and managers...
- Race, ethnicity, and racism in medical anthropology, 1977-2002Clarence C Gravlee
Department of Anthropology University of Florida, FL, USA
Med Anthropol Q 22:27-51. 2008....
- How race becomes biology: embodiment of social inequalityClarence C Gravlee
Department of Anthropology, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611 7305, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 139:47-57. 2009..This model requires a shift in the way we articulate the critique of race as bad biology...
- Genetic ancestry, social classification, and racial inequalities in blood pressure in Southeastern Puerto RicoClarence C Gravlee
Department of Anthropology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6821. 2009..Much debate centers on the relative importance of genetic versus sociocultural factors in explaining racial inequalities in health. However, few studies integrate genetic and sociocultural data to test competing explanations directly...
- Skin color, social classification, and blood pressure in southeastern Puerto RicoClarence C Gravlee
Department of Anthropology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 7772, USA
Am J Public Health 95:2191-7. 2005..We tested competing hypotheses for the skin color-blood pressure relationship by analyzing the association between blood pressure and 2 skin color variables: skin pigmentation and social classification...
- Education, genetic ancestry, and blood pressure in African Americans and WhitesAmy L Non
Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Am J Public Health 102:1559-65. 2012..We assessed the relative roles of education and genetic ancestry in predicting blood pressure (BP) within African Americans and explored the association between education and BP across racial groups...
- Discrimination, symptoms of depression, and self-rated health among african american women in detroit: results from a longitudinal analysisAmy J Schulz
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education at the University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1265-70. 2006..We examined the longitudinal association of self-reported everyday discrimination with depressive symptoms and self-rated general health...