Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- A modified LAMSTAR neural network and its applicationsNathan C Schneider
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Int J Neural Syst 18:331-7. 2008..This measure allows comparison across different network inputs so that the user may choose the "best" solution. The authors have applied the modified LAMSTAR network to a financial forecasting problem...
- An overview of the state of the art of noninvasive FES for independent ambulation by thoracic level paraplegicsDaniel Graupe
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois, Chicago 60607, USA
Neurol Res 24:431-42. 2002..Furthermore, the paper discusses the various aspects of transcutaneous noninvasive FES as compared with implanted FES systems for ambulation by thoracic level SCI patients...
- Adaptively controlling deep brain stimulation in essential tremor patient via surface electromyographyDaniel Graupe
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607 7053, USA
Neurol Res 32:899-904. 2010....
- Blind adaptive filtering for non-invasive extraction of the fetal electrocardiogram and its non-stationaritiesD Graupe
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Bioengineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 222:1221-34. 2008..In each case beat-to-beat unaveraged fECGs were isolated. The combined filter allowed identification of diagnostically important PR, QT, and RR durations. Comparison with synthetic data is also included...
- Adaptive control of deep brain stimulator for essential tremor: entropy-based tremor prediction using surface-EMGIshita Basu
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2011:7711-4. 2011....
- Stochastic modeling of the neuronal activity in the subthalamic nucleus and model parameter identification from Parkinson patient dataIshita Basu
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, 851 S Morgan Street, M C 154, Chicago, IL, USA
Biol Cybern 103:273-83. 2010....
- A neural network-based design of an on-off adaptive control for Deep Brain Stimulation in movement disordersPitamber Shukla
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2012:4140-3. 2012..3%. This work therefore shows that closed-loop DBS control is feasible in the near future and that it can be achieved without modifications of the electrodes implanted in the brain, i.e., is backward compatible with approved DBS systems...
- Walking performance, medical outcomes and patient training in FES of innervated muscles for ambulation by thoracic-level complete paraplegicsDaniel Graupe
University of Illinois, 851 South Morgan St, Chicago, IL 60607 7053, USA
Neurol Res 30:123-30. 2008....
- A neural-network-based detection of epilepsyVivek Prakash Nigam
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60607-7053, USA
Neurol Res 26:55-60. 2004..6% miss rate, 97.2% overall accuracy when considering both false-alarms and 'misses') are discussed and are shown to compare favorably with earlier approaches presented in recent literature...
- Automated prediction of apnea and hypopnea, using a LAMSTAR artificial neural networkJonathan A Waxman
Center for Narcolepsy, Sleep, and Health Research, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, 845 S Damen Avenue, M C 802, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 181:727-33. 2010..Accurate prediction of these events could improve clinical management of this prevalent disease...