Genomes and Genes
Brian B Graham
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Schistosomiasis-induced experimental pulmonary hypertension: role of interleukin-13 signalingBrian B Graham
Program in Translational Lung Research, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Pathol 177:1549-61. 2010..Our data indicate that experimental schistosomiasis causes PH and potentially relies on up-regulated IL-13 signaling...
- Significant intrapulmonary Schistosoma egg antigens are not present in schistosomiasis-associated pulmonary hypertensionBrian B Graham
Department of Medicine, Program in Translational Lung Research, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
Pulm Circ 1:456-61. 2011..This suggests that retained and persistent parasite proteins are not contributing to a localized immune response in the pathogenesis of this disease...
- TNFalpha inhibits apoptotic cell clearance in the lung, exacerbating acute inflammationValeria M Borges
Program in Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L586-95. 2009..These findings suggest that the presence of TNFalpha in the lung can alter the response of phagocytes to apoptotic cells leading to inflammatory cell recruitment and proinflammatory mediator production...
- Targeting energetic metabolism: a new frontier in the pathogenesis and treatment of pulmonary hypertensionRubin M Tuder
Program in Translational Lung Research, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 185:260-6. 2012..These investigations have led to novel approaches in the diagnosis and therapy of pulmonary hypertension...
- Cigarette smoke triggers code red: p21CIP1/WAF1/SDI1 switches on danger responses in the lungRubin M Tuder
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Campus Box C272, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 39:1-6. 2008..Molecular switches, ontologically designed for the protection of the host, are now hijacked by injurious stresses (such as cigarette smoke), leading to organ damage...