Julia A Graber
Affiliation: University of Florida
- How similar are correlates of different subclinical eating problems and bulimia nervosa?Julia A Graber
Columbia University, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 44:262-73. 2003..Participants were from white, upper-middle-class families...
- Pubertal timing and the development of psychopathology in adolescence and beyondJulia A Graber
Department of Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 32611 2250, USA
Horm Behav 64:262-9. 2013..While less well established, potential pathways for this association are also discussed. ..
- Putting pubertal timing in developmental context: implications for preventionJulia A Graber
Department of Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Dev Psychobiol 52:254-62. 2010..Finally, we identify potential strategies for intervention based on these explanatory models...
- Is pubertal timing associated with psychopathology in young adulthoodJulia A Graber
Department of Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611 2250, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:718-26. 2004..This investigation tested whether the timing of puberty continued to be associated with experiences of psychopathology (symptoms and disorders) from mid-adolescence into young adulthood...
- Links between pubertal timing, peer influences, and externalizing behaviors among urban students followed through middle schoolSarah D Lynne
Department of Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611 2250, USA
J Adolesc Health 40:181.e7-13. 2007..To evaluate underlying mechanisms of the association between early pubertal timing and both aggression and delinquency among a sample of minority males and females from an urban community...
- Development's tortoise and hare: pubertal timing, pubertal tempo, and depressive symptoms in boys and girlsJane Mendle
Department of Psychology, 12227 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 1227, USA
Dev Psychol 46:1341-53. 2010..These findings highlight the need to consider multiple sources of individual variability in pubertal development and suggest different pubertal challenges for boys and girls...
- Methodological considerations in use of the cortisol/DHEA(S) ratio in adolescent populationsMary E Saczawa
Department of Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, United States Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 38:2815-9. 2013..This study examines the relationship between pubertal status and individual cortisol and DHEAS levels as well as with the cortisol/DHEAS ratio...
- Coping with social stress: implications for psychopathology in young adolescent girlsLisa M Sontag
Department of Psychology, University of Florida, P O Box 112250, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 36:1159-74. 2008..Findings identify coping strategies that may be used in evidence-based programming to help girls transition more successfully into adolescence will be discussed...
- It's not what you say, it's how many different ways you can say it: links between divergent peer resistance skills and delinquency a year laterA Jordan Wright
National Center for Children and Families, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Adolesc Health 35:380-91. 2004..To examine whether generation of 'socially appropriate' responses or divergent responses to continued peer pressure is a more effective deterrent of actual delinquency...
- The roles of respect for parental authority and parenting practices in parent-child conflict among African American, Latino, and European American familiesSara Villanueva Dixon
Department of Psychology, School of Behavioral and Social Sciences, St Edward s University, Austin, TX 78704, USA
J Fam Psychol 22:1-10. 2008..Thus, respect for authority was most salient to group differences in conflict...
- Girls' recurrent and concurrent body dissatisfaction: correlates and consequences over 8 yearsRichard Ohring
Center for Children and Families, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Int J Eat Disord 31:404-15. 2002....
- Ways to say no: refusal skill strategies among urban adolescentsTracy R Nichols
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 411 East 69th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Health Behav 30:227-36. 2006..To examine associations among adolescents' generated verbal strategies (ie, Simple No, Declarative Statements, Excuse, Alternatives) and underlying nonverbal assertiveness in 2 refusal situations: smoking and shoplifting...
- Prospective predictors of the onset of anorexic and bulimic syndromesAudrey R Tyrka
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
Int J Eat Disord 32:282-90. 2002..This study investigated prospective predictors of lifetime history diagnoses of partial- and full-syndrome anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa (referred to as anorexic syndrome and bulimic syndrome.)..