Christopher J Graber
Affiliation: University of California
- Intermediate vancomycin susceptibility in a community-associated MRSA cloneChristopher J Graber
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco General Hospital, 94110, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:491-3. 2007..The strain was isolated from the bone of a 56-year-old man with lumbar osteomyelitis after a 6-week treatment course of vancomycin for catheter-associated septic thrombophlebitis...
- Clinical problem-solving. A stitch in time--a 64-year-old man with a history of coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular disease was admitted to the hospital with a several-month history of fevers, chills, and fatigueChristopher J Graber
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1029-34. 2007
- A population-based study of the incidence and molecular epidemiology of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus disease in San Francisco, 2004-2005Catherine Liu
Div of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, S 380, Box 0654, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:1637-46. 2008..Our objective was to perform a population-based survey of the clinical and molecular epidemiology of MRSA disease in San Francisco, California...
- The arginine catabolic mobile element and staphylococcal chromosomal cassette mec linkage: convergence of virulence and resistance in the USA300 clone of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusBinh An Diep
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco 94110, USA
J Infect Dis 197:1523-30. 2008..These data are consistent with a model in which ACME enhances growth and survival of USA300, allowing for genetic "hitchhiking" of SCCmec. SCCmec in turn protects against exposure to beta-lactams...
- Concurrent epidemics of skin and soft tissue infection and bloodstream infection due to community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusPierre Tattevin
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Clin Infect Dis 55:781-8. 2012....
- Emergence of multidrug-resistant, community-associated, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus clone USA300 in men who have sex with menBinh An Diep
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:249-57. 2008..Infection with multidrug-resistant, community-associated, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) has been reported but seems to be isolated...
- Clonality of Staphylococcus aureus colonization over time in attendees of a camp for children with chronic dermatosesChristopher J Graber
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 28:519-23. 2011..Although S. aureus colonization was frequent among camp attendees (and in persons with CD in particular), it was diverse and variable. Camp attendance did not appear to affect infection-related clinical outcomes...
- Evaluation of human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C telemedicine clinicsHemen N Saifu
Department of Medicine, VA Greater Los Angeles Health, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:207-12. 2012..We assess the impact of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and hepatitis C telemedicine consultation on patient-oriented outcomes in a rural Veterans Affairs population...
- Elevated vancomycin trough is not associated with nephrotoxicity among inpatient veteransKavitha K Prabaker
Department of Medicine, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Hosp Med 7:91-7. 2012..OBJECTIVE/SETTING: We sought to determine if there was an association between vancomycin trough and nephrotoxicity, defined as 0.5 mg/L or 50% increase in serum creatinine, at a large Veterans Affairs medical center...
- Failure of decolonization in patients with infections due to mupirocin-resistant strains of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusChristopher J Graber
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:284; author reply 284-5. 2008
- Recurrence of skin and soft tissue infection caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a HIV primary care clinicChristopher J Graber
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:231-3. 2008
- A retrospective investigation of advanced periodontal disease as a risk factor for septicemia in hematopoietic stem cell and bone marrow transplant recipientsSunday O Akintoye
Clinical Research Core and Craniofacial and Skeletal Diseases Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research NIDCR, National Institute of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD, 20892 4320 USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 94:581-8. 2002..The primary aim of the present study was to determine impact of chronic periodontitis, as measured by radiographic alveolar bone loss, on septicemia and transplant mortality...