Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- A multicenter, first-in-pediatrics, phase 1, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of ridaforolimus in patients with refractory solid tumorsLia Gore
The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:3649-58. 2013..Antitumor activity has been confirmed in adults. This phase I study determined the safety, pharmacological, biologic, and toxicity profiles of ridaforolimus in pediatric patients with refractory malignancies...
- Targeting developmental pathways in children with cancer: what price success?Lia Gore
Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Lancet Oncol 14:e70-8. 2013..Future clinical trial design should include carefully considered assessment of the developmental effects of targeted therapy, and informed supportive-care recommendations...
- Phase I combination study of trabectedin and capecitabine in patients with advanced malignanciesLia Gore
University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:1942-9. 2012..To determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD), safety and pharmacokinetics of trabectedin with capecitabine in patients with advanced malignancies...
- Emerging non-transplant-based strategies in treating pediatric non-Hodgkin's lymphomaLia Gore
Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, The Children s Hospital, The University of Colorado Cancer Center, Denver, 80045, USA
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 5:177-84. 2010..A comprehensive review of all potential agents is beyond the scope of this review, which will focus on some of the newer strategies for treating non-Hodgkin's lymphoma that are coming into clinical use today...
- A phase I study of gefitinib, capecitabine, and celecoxib in patients with advanced solid tumorsElaine T Lam
University of Colorado Denver, Mail Stop 8302, P O Box 6511 Aurora, CO 80045
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3685-94. 2008..The combination of gefitinib and capecitabine is well tolerated and appears to have activity against certain advanced solid tumors, providing a rationale for further evaluation in advanced solid malignancies...
- Aprepitant in adolescent patients for prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of efficacy and tolerabilityLia Gore
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Bone Marrow Transplant, Children s Hospital and The University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 52:242-7. 2009..The neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist aprepitant, plus a 5HT3 antagonist and corticosteroid is well-tolerated and effective in preventing chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in adults but has not been formally assessed in adolescents...
- A phase I pharmacological and biological study of PI-88 and docetaxel in patients with advanced malignanciesLaura Q M Chow
University of Colorado Heath Sciences Center, Aurora, CO, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 63:65-74. 2008..This study evaluated the safety, toxicity, pharmacological properties and biological activity of PI-88, a heparanase endoglycosidase enzyme inhibitor, with fixed weekly docetaxel in patients with advanced solid malignancies...
- A phase I study of bortezomib, etoposide and carboplatin in patients with advanced solid tumors refractory to standard therapyChristopher Lieu
University of Colorado Cancer Center, 1665 North Ursula Street, Aurora, CO, USA
Invest New Drugs 27:53-62. 2009..To evaluate the toxicity, pharmacological, and biological properties of the combination of bortezomib, etoposide, and carboplatin in adults with advanced solid malignancies...
- A phase I safety, pharmacological, and biological study of the farnesyl protein transferase inhibitor, lonafarnib (SCH 663366), in combination with cisplatin and gemcitabine in patients with advanced solid tumorsLaura Q M Chow
University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, CO, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:631-46. 2008....
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of the oral histone deacetylase inhibitor, MS-275, in patients with refractory solid tumors and lymphomasLia Gore
University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4517-25. 2008....
- Mapatumumab, an antibody targeting TRAIL-R1, in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin in patients with advanced solid malignancies: results of a phase I and pharmacokinetic studyStephen Leong
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 12801 E 17th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4413-21. 2009....
- A phase I safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetic study of enzastaurin combined with capecitabine in patients with advanced solid tumorsD Ross Camidge
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Anticancer Drugs 19:77-84. 2008..i.d.) on days 1-14 every 21 days. Further disease-directed studies are warranted, such as in malignancies in the treatment of which both capecitabine and inhibitors of angiogenesis have previously been benchmarked as being effective...
- Multicenter phase I trial of the mitogen-activated protein kinase 1/2 inhibitor BAY 86-9766 in patients with advanced cancerColin D Weekes
University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:1232-43. 2013..To evaluate the safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of BAY 86-9766, a selective, potent, orally available, small-molecule allosteric inhibitor of mitogen-activated protein kinase 1/2 in patients with advanced solid tumors...
- Vandetanib mediates anti-leukemia activity by multiple mechanisms and interacts synergistically with DNA damaging agentsMargaret E Macy
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology, Oncology, and Bone Marrow Transplantation, University of Colorado Denver, 13123 East 16th Avenue B 115, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:468-79. 2012..Taken together, these preclinical data support clinical evaluation of vandetanib, in combination with cytotoxic chemotherapy, for pediatric leukemia...
- A phase I biological and pharmacologic study of the heparanase inhibitor PI-88 in patients with advanced solid tumorsMichele Basche
University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, Colorado 80010, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:5471-80. 2006..This agent showed potent inhibition of placental blood vessel angiogenesis as well as growth inhibition in multiple xenograft models, thus forming the basis for this study...
- A multi-center phase Ib study of oxaliplatin (NSC#266046) in combination with fluorouracil and leucovorin in pediatric patients with advanced solid tumorsMargaret E Macy
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:230-6. 2013..Oxaliplatin, a third generation platinum, has a different side effect profile and may provide improved activity in pediatric cancers...
- Entinostat for treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignanciesJeffrey Knipstein
Instructor in Pediatrics, The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics and Children s Hospital Colorado, Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Box B115 TCH, 13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 20:1455-67. 2011..Entinostat is an emerging HDACi that has shown promise in multiple preclinical studies. Additionally, Phase I and II clinical trials have begun to demonstrate its potential as a well-tolerated agent with anti-tumor activity...
- A phase I dose-escalation, safety and pharmacokinetic study of the 2-methoxyestradiol analog ENMD-1198 administered orally to patients with advanced cancerQing Zhou
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Invest New Drugs 29:340-6. 2011..This first-in-human phase I study evaluated the tolerability, pharmacokinetics and preliminary evidence of activity of ENMD-1198 in advanced cancer patients...
- PARP1 expression in pediatric central nervous system tumorsValerie N Barton
Department of Pediatrics, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:1227-30. 2009..Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 (PARP1) is a DNA repair protein that has been studied in a variety of malignancies and may interfere with therapy-induced DNA damage, however expression in pediatric CNS tumors is unknown...
- Gefitinib is effective against juvenile pilocytic astrocytoma in vitroNicholas K Foreman
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center UCDHSC and The Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:293-8. 2006..To explore the possibility for a novel therapeutic approach we measured the effect of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) small molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitor gefitinib on five JPA primary cell-cultures...
- Targeting paediatric acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: novel therapies currently in developmentAlisa B Lee-Sherick
Department of Paediatrics, Section of Haematology, Oncology, and Bone Marrow Transplantation, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Br J Haematol 151:295-311. 2010..This article explores many of the potential targeted therapies in varying stages of development, from those currently in clinical trials to those still being refined in the research laboratory...
- Inhibition of calcineurin combined with dasatinib has direct and indirect anti-leukemia effects against BCR-ABL1(+) leukemiaLori A Gardner
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado
Am J Hematol 89:896-903. 2014..These data highlight some of the challenges associated with combining targeted agents to treat leukemia. Am. J. Hematol. 89:896-903, 2014. © 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- A phase I study of the human monoclonal anti-NRP1 antibody MNRP1685A in patients with advanced solid tumorsColin D Weekes
University of Colorado School of Medicine and Developmental Therapeutics Program, University of Colorado Cancer Center, Mail Stop 8117, RC1 South, Rm 8123, 12801 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO, 80045, USA
Invest New Drugs 32:653-60. 2014..The primary MNRP1685A-related AE was infusion-related reaction, which were attenuated by premedication including dexamethasone. Transient platelet count reductions were frequent but did not impact MNRP1685A dosing. ..
- Forodesine treatment and post-transplant graft-versus-host disease in two patients with acute leukemia: facilitation of graft-versus-leukemia effect?Lia Gore
Section of Hematology Oncology BMT, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine and The Children s Hospital, Denver, CO, USA
Semin Oncol 34:S35-9. 2007..We hypothesize that forodesine contributed to a primary anti-leukemic cytotoxic effect as well as a secondary immunologic effect by allowing the development of an ongoing graft-versus-leukemia effect in these patients...
- MGMT promoter methylation correlates with survival benefit and sensitivity to temozolomide in pediatric glioblastomaAndrew M Donson
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center and Denver Children s Hospital, Denver, Colorado, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 48:403-7. 2007..We explored MGMT promoter methylation in pediatric GBM and its relationship to survival and temozolomide sensitivity...
- Long-term survival after intralesional resection and multi-modal therapy of thoracic spine osteosarcomaLia Gore
Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Colorado, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 40:400-2. 2003