Steven M Goodreau
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Concurrent partnerships, acute infection and HIV epidemic dynamics among young adults in ZimbabweSteven M Goodreau
Department of Anthropology, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
AIDS Behav 16:312-22. 2012..The impact of acute infection is strongly moderated by concurrency. Reducing this impact by reducing concurrency could potentially end the current HIV epidemic in Zimbabwe...
- Sexual role and transmission of HIV Type 1 among men who have sex with men, in PeruSteven M Goodreau
Center for AIDS and STD and Center for Statistics and the Social Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Infect Dis 191:S147-58. 2005..Preferential mixing among versatile MSM does not change overall prevalence but affects which individuals become infected...
- Assessing the effects of human mixing patterns on human immunodeficiency virus-1 interhost phylogenetics through social network simulationSteven M Goodreau
Department of Anthropology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Genetics 172:2033-45. 2006..I discuss implications for HIV-1 phylogenetics and the potential for ERGM to provide a general framework for addressing these issues...
- Biological and demographic causes of high HIV and sexually transmitted disease prevalence in men who have sex with menSteven M Goodreau
Department of Anthropology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Sex Transm Infect 83:458-62. 2007....
- Birds of a feather, or friend of a friend? Using exponential random graph models to investigate adolescent social networksSteven M Goodreau
Department of Anthropology, Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology, Campus Box 353100, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 91895, USA
Demography 46:103-25. 2009..We conclude with a discussion of how network analysis may contribute to our understanding of sociodemographic structure and the processes that create it...
- Can male circumcision have an impact on the HIV epidemic in men who have sex with men?Steven M Goodreau
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e102960. 2014..We aim to identify the likely public health impact that MC interventions among MSM would have in one setting that fulfills these conditions-Peru-as a theoretical upper bound for their effectiveness among MSM generally...
- HIV serosorting as a harm reduction strategy: evidence from Seattle, WashingtonSusan Cassels
Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology, Box 353412, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
AIDS 23:2497-506. 2009....
- Effect of an online video-based intervention to increase HIV testing in men who have sex with men in PeruMagaly M Blas
Unit of Epidemiology, HIV and STD, School of Public Health and Administration, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
PLoS ONE 5:e10448. 2010..Although many men who have sex with men (MSM) in Peru are unaware of their HIV status, they are frequent users of the Internet, and can be approached by that medium for promotion of HIV testing...
- What drives the US and Peruvian HIV epidemics in men who have sex with men (MSM)?Steven M Goodreau
Department of Anthropology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e50522. 2012....
- Interaction of mathematical modeling and social and behavioral HIV/AIDS researchSusan Cassels
Departments of Epidemiology and Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 6:119-23. 2011..HIV is transmitted within complex biobehavioral systems. Mathematical modeling can provide insight to complex population-level outcomes of various behaviors measured at an individual level...
- A decade of modelling research yields considerable evidence for the importance of concurrency: a response to Sawers and StillwaggonSteven M Goodreau
Department of Anthropology, University of Washington, WA 98195, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 14:12. 2011..It also makes clear that their call for "an end (or at least a moratorium) to research on sexual behaviour in Africa" that pertains to concurrency is unjustified...
- Role versatility among men who have sex with men in urban PeruSteven M Goodreau
Asociacion Civil Impacta Salud y Educacion, Lima, Peru
J Sex Res 44:233-9. 2007..Since sex work is negatively correlated with other predictors, versatile men appear to comprise two distinct sub-populations. Insertive-only men appear to play a strong role in bridging the HIV epidemic between MSM and women...