Beth L Goodlin-Jones
Affiliation: University of California
- Objective sleep measurement in typically and atypically developing preschool children with ADHD-like profilesBeth L Goodlin-Jones
Department of Psychiatry, MIND Institute, Sacramento, CA, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 40:257-68. 2009..Many previous studies have reported sleep problems in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)-like symptoms...
- The use of actigraphy to study sleep disorders in preschoolers: some concerns about detection of nighttime awakeningsStephanie L Sitnick
Department of Human and Community Development, UC Davis School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, USA
Sleep 31:395-401. 2008..This study compared actigraphy with videosomnography in preschool-aged children, with special emphasis on the accuracy of detection of nighttime awakenings...
- The efficacy of melatonin for sleep problems in children with autism, fragile X syndrome, or autism and fragile X syndromeJuthamas Wirojanan
Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders M I N D Institute, University of California Davis Health System, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 5:145-50. 2009..To determine the efficacy of melatonin on sleep problems in children with autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and fragile X syndrome (FXS)...
- Six-month sleep-wake organization and stability in preschool-age children with autism, developmental delay, and typical developmentThomas F Anders
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, UC Davis M I N D Institute, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Behav Sleep Med 9:92-106. 2011..Overall, children in the 2 neurodevelopmentally disordered groups demonstrated more night-to-night variability in their sleep-wake measures than children in the TYP group...
- Evidence-based assessment of autism spectrum disorders in children and adolescentsSally Ozonoff
M I N D Institute, University of California Medical Center, Sacramento 95817, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 34:523-40. 2005..g., parent well-being, family functioning, quality of life). We end with a discussion of how well the extant literature meets criteria for evidence-based assessments...
- A social adjustment enhancement intervention for high functioning autism, Asperger's syndrome, and pervasive developmental disorder NOSMarjorie Solomon
Department of Psychiatry and MIND Institute, University of California, Davis, CA 95817, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 34:649-68. 2004..Results are discussed in the context of individual differences in participant cognitive levels and profiles, symptom severity, and affect-related variables...
- The Children's Sleep Habits Questionnaire in toddlers and preschool childrenBeth L Goodlin-Jones
M I N D Institute and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, U C Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:82-88. 2008..A CSHQ total score has distinguished clinical populations from community samples...
- Autistic spectrum disorder and the fragile X premutationBeth L Goodlin-Jones
M I N D Institute, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, UCDHS, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 25:392-8. 2004..Discussion includes the impact of molecular variables including lowered FMR1 protein and elevated FMR1 mRNA in addition to environmental factors leading to the complex neurodevelopmental disorder of ASD...
- Psychiatric phenotype of the fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS) in males: newly described fronto-subcortical dementiaSusan Bacalman
M.I.N.D. Institute, and Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, UCDavis Medical Center, University of California-Davis, 2230 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:87-94. 2006..Clinicians encountering patients with clinical dementia with motor symptoms suggesting FXTAS should consider genetic testing to determine whether the patient's dementia syndrome is secondary to a fragile X premutation carrier status...
- Inconsolable night-time awakening: beyond night terrorsDavid M Snyder
Child Development Services, Exceptional Parents Unlimited, Fresno, CA, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:311-4. 2008..Physical examination was normal (including growth measurements) and the developmental examination was age-appropriate. Upon completion of the assessment, she was engaging, playful, and cooperative with the pediatrician...
- The amygdala is enlarged in children but not adolescents with autism; the hippocampus is enlarged at all agesCynthia Mills Schumann
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Center for Neuroscience and the M.I.N.D. (Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders) Institute, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Neurosci 24:6392-401. 2004..The cause of amygdala and hippocampal abnormalities in autism is currently unknown...
- Nighttime sleep-wake patterns and self-soothing from birth to one year of age: a longitudinal intervention studyMelissa M Burnham
Department of Psychiatry, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacromento, CA 95817, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 43:713-25. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: These data lend preliminary support for the transactional model and suggest that infant and parental factors interact to influence the development of self-soothing...
- A comprehensive volumetric analysis of the cerebellum in children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorderJulia A Scott
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, M I N D Institute, Sacramento, California, USA
Autism Res 2:246-57. 2009..These findings are discussed in relation to the pathology of autism and to the fairly common alterations of vermal morphology in various neurodevelopmental disorders...