Beth L Goodlin-Jones
Affiliation: University of California
- Objective sleep measurement in typically and atypically developing preschool children with ADHD-like profilesBeth L Goodlin-Jones
Department of Psychiatry, MIND Institute, Sacramento, CA, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 40:257-68. 2009..Many previous studies have reported sleep problems in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)-like symptoms...
- The use of actigraphy to study sleep disorders in preschoolers: some concerns about detection of nighttime awakeningsStephanie L Sitnick
Department of Human and Community Development, UC Davis School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, USA
Sleep 31:395-401. 2008..This study compared actigraphy with videosomnography in preschool-aged children, with special emphasis on the accuracy of detection of nighttime awakenings...
- The efficacy of melatonin for sleep problems in children with autism, fragile X syndrome, or autism and fragile X syndromeJuthamas Wirojanan
Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders M I N D Institute, University of California Davis Health System, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 5:145-50. 2009..To determine the efficacy of melatonin on sleep problems in children with autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and fragile X syndrome (FXS)...
- Six-month sleep-wake organization and stability in preschool-age children with autism, developmental delay, and typical developmentThomas F Anders
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, UC Davis M I N D Institute, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Behav Sleep Med 9:92-106. 2011..Overall, children in the 2 neurodevelopmentally disordered groups demonstrated more night-to-night variability in their sleep-wake measures than children in the TYP group...
- Evidence-based assessment of autism spectrum disorders in children and adolescentsSally Ozonoff
M I N D Institute, University of California Medical Center, Sacramento 95817, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 34:523-40. 2005..g., parent well-being, family functioning, quality of life). We end with a discussion of how well the extant literature meets criteria for evidence-based assessments...
- A social adjustment enhancement intervention for high functioning autism, Asperger's syndrome, and pervasive developmental disorder NOSMarjorie Solomon
Department of Psychiatry and MIND Institute, University of California, Davis, CA 95817, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 34:649-68. 2004..Results are discussed in the context of individual differences in participant cognitive levels and profiles, symptom severity, and affect-related variables...
- The Children's Sleep Habits Questionnaire in toddlers and preschool childrenBeth L Goodlin-Jones
M I N D Institute and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, U C Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:82-88. 2008..A CSHQ total score has distinguished clinical populations from community samples...
- Autistic spectrum disorder and the fragile X premutationBeth L Goodlin-Jones
M I N D Institute, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, UCDHS, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 25:392-8. 2004..Discussion includes the impact of molecular variables including lowered FMR1 protein and elevated FMR1 mRNA in addition to environmental factors leading to the complex neurodevelopmental disorder of ASD...
- Psychiatric phenotype of the fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS) in males: newly described fronto-subcortical dementiaSusan Bacalman
M I N D Institute, and Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, UCDavis Medical Center, University of California Davis, 2230 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:87-94. 2006..The authors describe and quantify the neuropsychiatric symptoms present in a cohort of males with the fragile X mental retardation 1 (FMR1) premutation allele who have developed fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS)...
- Inconsolable night-time awakening: beyond night terrorsDavid M Snyder
Child Development Services, Exceptional Parents Unlimited, Fresno, CA, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 29:311-4. 2008..Physical examination was normal (including growth measurements) and the developmental examination was age-appropriate. Upon completion of the assessment, she was engaging, playful, and cooperative with the pediatrician...
- The amygdala is enlarged in children but not adolescents with autism; the hippocampus is enlarged at all agesCynthia Mills Schumann
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Center for Neuroscience and the M I N D Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Neurosci 24:6392-401. 2004..The cause of amygdala and hippocampal abnormalities in autism is currently unknown...
- Nighttime sleep-wake patterns and self-soothing from birth to one year of age: a longitudinal intervention studyMelissa M Burnham
Department of Psychiatry, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacromento, CA 95817, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 43:713-25. 2002....
- A comprehensive volumetric analysis of the cerebellum in children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorderJulia A Scott
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, M I N D Institute, Sacramento, California, USA
Autism Res 2:246-57. 2009..These findings are discussed in relation to the pathology of autism and to the fairly common alterations of vermal morphology in various neurodevelopmental disorders...