Esteban Gonzalez Burchard
Affiliation: University of California
- The 1000 Genomes Project: new opportunities for research and social challengesMarc Via
ELSI Samples Committee, 1000 Genomes Project, and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California at San Francisco, Box 2911, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Genome Med 2:3. 2010....
- Latino populations: a unique opportunity for the study of race, genetics, and social environment in epidemiological researchEsteban Gonzalez Burchard
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0833, USA
Am J Public Health 95:2161-8. 2005....
- ADAM33 is not associated with asthma in Puerto Rican or Mexican populationsDenise L Lind
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0833, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:1312-6. 2003..We conclude that the ADAM33 gene is not an important risk factor for asthma or for asthma-associated phenotypes in Mexicans or in Puerto Ricans...
- Ancestry-related assortative mating in Latino populationsNeil Risch
Institute for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Genome Biol 10:R132. 2009..While spouse correlations have been documented for numerous traits, no prior studies have assessed assortative mating for genetic ancestry in admixed populations...
- European ancestry is positively associated with breast cancer risk in Mexican womenLaura Fejerman
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Institute for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1074-82. 2010....
- Population stratification in a case-control study of brain arteriovenous malformation in LatinosHelen Kim
Center for Cerebrovascular Research, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Neuroepidemiology 31:224-8. 2008..The purpose of this pilot study was to determine the presence and effect of population stratification in a case-control study of brain arteriovenous malformation (BAVM)...
- GENETICS OF ASTHMA IN LATINO AMERICANSEsteban Burchard; Fiscal Year: 2005..This proposal?s focus is consistent with the goal established by Healthy People 2010, to reduce disparities in health among different populations. ..
- Case-control Association Studies and Genetic ConfoundingEsteban Burchard; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..