Marian R Goldsmith
Affiliation: University of Rhode Island
- The genetics and genomics of the silkworm, Bombyx moriMarian R Goldsmith
Biological Sciences Department, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island 02881, USA
Annu Rev Entomol 50:71-100. 2005..Germline transformation and transient expression systems are well established and available for functional studies, high-level protein expression, and gene silencing via RNA interference...
- A BAC-based integrated linkage map of the silkworm Bombyx moriKimiko Yamamoto
Insect Genome Research Unit, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Owashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Genome Biol 9:R21. 2008..For a more complete genome analysis, we developed extended scaffolds combining physical maps with improved genetic maps...
- An integrated genetic linkage map for silkworms with three parental combinations and its application to the mapping of single genes and QTLShuai Zhan
Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, 200032, PR China
BMC Genomics 10:389. 2009..The purpose of this work was to develop a dense and informative linkage map that would assist in the preliminary mapping and dissection of quantitative trait loci (QTL) in a variety of silkworm strains...
- Construction and sequence sampling of deep-coverage, large-insert BAC libraries for three model lepidopteran speciesChengcang Wu
Department of Soil and Crop Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 2474, USA
BMC Genomics 10:283. 2009..Large-insert BAC libraries of these insects are critical resources for many molecular studies, including physical mapping and genome sequencing, but not available to date...
- KAIKObase: an integrated silkworm genome database and data mining toolMichihiko Shimomura
Mitsubishi Space Software Co Ltd, Takezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
BMC Genomics 10:486. 2009..Now, both the datasets have been merged and assembled through a joint collaboration between the two groups...