F D Goldman
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Defective expression of p56lck in an infant with severe combined immunodeficiencyF D Goldman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Clin Invest 102:421-9. 1998..These data suggest that a deficiency in p56lck expression can produce a SCID phenotype in humans...
- Hydroxychloroquine inhibits calcium signals in T cells: a new mechanism to explain its immunomodulatory propertiesF D Goldman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Blood 95:3460-6. 2000..Together, these findings suggest that disruption of TCR-crosslinking-dependent calcium signaling provides an additional mechanism to explain the immunomodulatory properties of HCQ...
- Aberrant T-cell antigen receptor-mediated responses in autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndromeFrederick D Goldman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Iowa City, 52242, USA
Clin Immunol 104:31-9. 2002..As DN T cells were essentially anergic, the clinical manifestations of autoimmunity are more likely to be a consequence of aberrant cytokine secretion within the CD4(+) T-cell subpopulation...
- Chronic granulomatous disease presenting with disseminated intracranial aspergillosisAbdul Alsultan
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:107-10. 2006..Whereas, optimal pharmacologic therapy is still unknown for CNS aspergillosis, voriconazole may have an advantage due to its ability to cross the blood brain barrier and excellent oral absorption and bioavailability...
- Characterization of primitive hematopoietic cells from patients with dyskeratosis congenitaFrederick D Goldman
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Iowa Children s Hospital, Iowa City 52242, USA
Blood 111:4523-31. 2008....
- Change in erythropoietin pharmacokinetics following hematopoietic transplantationJ A Widness
Department of Pediatrics, The College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:873-9. 2007..The association of EPO elimination with decreased bone marrow activity in patients undergoing transplantation conclusively establishes the bone marrow as a key determinant of EPO elimination in humans...
- Intact T cell responses in ataxia telangiectasiaFarzana Pashankar
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Clin Immunol 120:156-62. 2006..This helps to explain the paucity of opportunistic infections encountered, unlike that encountered in other primary immunodeficiencies...
- Telomere restoration and extension of proliferative lifespan in dyskeratosis congenita fibroblastsErik R Westin
Interdisciplinary Program in Genetics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Aging Cell 6:383-94. 2007..Similar strategies may be useful for ameliorating the detrimental effects of telomere shortening in AD DC and other diseases associated with telomerase or telomere defects...
- gp120-mediated induction of the MAPK cascade is dependent on the activation state of CD4(+) lymphocytesSandrina Kinet
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, Centre National de Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR 5535 IFR 22, Montpellier, France
Blood 100:2546-53. 2002..These studies reveal a mechanism via which gp120 may differentially modulate the fate of activated and quiescent T cells in vivo...