Dana P Goldman
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- The benefits from giving makers of conventional 'small molecule' drugs longer exclusivity over clinical trial dataDana P Goldman
Medicine and Public Policy, Leonard D Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:84-90. 2011..We conclude that Americans would benefit from a longer period of data exclusivity...
- How costly is hospital quality? A revealed-preference approachJohn A Romley
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, and the RAND Corporation
J Ind Econ 59:578-608. 2011..Thus, non-clinical aspects of the hospital experience (perhaps including patient amenities) play important roles in hospital demand, competition, and costs...
- Physician prescribing behavior and its impact on patient-level outcomesGeoffrey F Joyce
Department of Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy, University of Southern California, 3335 S Figueroa, Unit A, Los Angeles, CA 90007, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:e462-71. 2011..We examine how broadly physicians prescribe within the 10 most prevalent therapeutic classes, the factors affecting their choices, and the impact of their prescribing behavior on patient-level outcomes...
- Exenatide therapy and the risk of pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer in a privately insured populationJohn A Romley
Leonard D Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics and Price School of Public Policy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 14:904-11. 2012..Postmarketing reports have linked exenatide use with acute pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer, but a definitive relationship has yet to be established...
- Survey results show that adults are willing to pay higher insurance premiums for generous coverage of specialty drugsJohn A Romley
Price School of Public Policy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:683-90. 2012..Given the value that people assign to generous coverage of specialty drugs, having high cost sharing on these drugs seemingly runs contrary to what people value in their health insurance...
- The value of specialty oncology drugsDana P Goldman
Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics, Schools of Pharmacy and Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California, Ralph and Goldy Lewis Hall 214, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0626, USA
Health Serv Res 45:115-32. 2010..To estimate patients' elasticity of demand, willingness to pay, and consumer surplus for five high-cost specialty medications treating metastatic disease or hematologic malignancies...
- Hospital spending and inpatient mortality: evidence from California: an observational studyJohn A Romley
Leonard D Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics, University of Southern California, 650 Childs Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:160-7. 2011..The relationship between hospital spending and inpatient mortality is less well understood...
- Prescription medication abuse and illegitimate internet-based pharmaciesAnupam B Jena
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Wang Ambulatory Care Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ann Intern Med 155:848-50. 2011....