Robert N Golden
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- A longitudinal study of serotonergic function in depressionRobert N Golden
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Campus Box 7160, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7160, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 26:653-9. 2002..Blunted prolactin response to clomipramine challenge persists in depressed patients after recovery from acute illness, and may reflect an underlying biological vulnerability...
- Efficacy and tolerability of controlled-release paroxetineRobert N Golden
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7160, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 37:176-86. 2003..The CR formulation of paroxetine appears to represent an effective pharmacokinetic approach to minimizing SSRI adverse events and thereby enhancing clinical outcomes...
- Making advances where it matters: improving outcomes in mood and anxiety disordersRobert N Golden
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, 27599 7160, USA
CNS Spectr 9:14-22. 2004..Prophylactic SSRI treatment significantly reduces the incidence of interferon-associated depression and enhances completion rates in malignant melanoma...
- Efficacy and tolerability of controlled-release and immediate-release paroxetine in the treatment of depressionRobert N Golden
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill 27599 7160, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:577-84. 2002..Paroxetine controlled-release (CR) was developed to improve general tolerability and, in particular, gastrointestinal tolerability...
- The efficacy of light therapy in the treatment of mood disorders: a review and meta-analysis of the evidenceRobert N Golden
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7160, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:656-62. 2005..The purpose of this study was to assess the evidence base for the efficacy of light therapy in treating mood disorders...
- The effects of mirtazapine on plasma lipid profiles in healthy subjectsLinda M Nicholas
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:883-9. 2003..The purpose of this study was to evaluate in a more controlled and precise approach the putative effects of mirtazapine on plasma lipids...
- Mood and anxiety disorders in females with the FMR1 premutationJane E Roberts
FPG Child Development Institute, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:130-9. 2009....
- Predicting fatigue and depression in HIV-positive gay menJulie Barroso
School of Nursing, Department of Biostatistics, Carrington Hall, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7460, USA
Psychosomatics 43:317-25. 2002..5 years were used to develop logistic regression models for predicting fatigue and depression. Fatigue was predicted by both physiologic and psychological risk factors, whereas depression was predicted by only psychological risk factors...
- A direct comparison of presenting characteristics of depressed outpatients from primary vs. specialty care settings: preliminary findings from the STAR*D clinical trialBradley N Gaynes
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7160, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 27:87-96. 2005..The Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve Depression (STAR*D) study (http://www.star-d.org) provides a unique opportunity to provide this comparison for patients with a major depressive disorder (MDD) requiring treatment...
- Effect of stress on pregnancy outcome among women undergoing assisted reproduction proceduresLaurie P Lovely
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
South Med J 96:548-51. 2003..Subjective measurement of stress levels did not differ between women who became pregnant and those who did not...
- The relationship between psychiatry residency applicant evaluations and subsequent residency performanceKaron Dawkins
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Campus Box 7160, 101 Manning Dr, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7160, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:69-75. 2005..The goal of this study was to measure the predictive value of applicant evaluations for a psychiatry residency in terms of the subsequent performance of those who matriculated in the program...
- Changes in neuropsychological functioning with progression of HIV-1 infection: results of an 8-year longitudinal investigationTeri T Baldewicz
Department of Clinical Operations, Inveresk, Cary, North Carolina, USA
AIDS Behav 8:345-55. 2004..Further research is needed to examine the effects of disease stage and depression on cognitive impairment in the era of new HIV treatments...
- Mood disorders in the medically ill: scientific review and recommendationsDwight L Evans
School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 423 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biol Psychiatry 58:175-89. 2005....
- Maternal depression and developmental disability: research critiqueDonald B Bailey
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 13:321-9. 2007..Research is also needed to study treatments to reduce the occurrence of both depressive symptoms and clinical depression...
- ENRICHD and SADHART: implications for future biobehavioral intervention effortsDavid S Sheps
Psychosom Med 65:1-2. 2003