Affiliation: University of Florida
- Anti-aβ therapeutics in Alzheimer's disease: the need for a paradigm shiftTodd E Golde
Center for Translational Research in Neurodegenerative Disease and Department of Neuroscience, College of Medicine, University of Florida, 1275 Center Drive BMS J 483, P O Box 100159, Gainesville, FL 32610 0244, USA
Neuron 69:203-13. 2011..In this perspective, we discuss why it is imperative to resolve this dilemma and suggest ways for moving forward in the hopes of enhancing the development of truly effective AD therapeutics...
- Thinking laterally about neurodegenerative proteinopathiesTodd E Golde
Center for Translational Research in Neurodegenerative Disease, Department of Neuroscience, McKnight Brain Institute, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Clin Invest 123:1847-55. 2013....
- Notch signals in the endothelium and cancer "stem-like" cells: opportunities for cancer therapyJian Wei Gu
University of Mississippi Cancer Institute, Jackson, MS, USA
Vasc Cell 4:7. 2012..Understanding how Notch interacts with other factors that control endothelial cell functions and angiogenesis in cancers could pave the way to innovative therapeutic strategies that simultaneously target angiogenesis and CSC...
- Hippocampal expression of murine TNFα results in attenuation of amyloid deposition in vivoParamita Chakrabarty
Center for Translational Research in Neurodegenerative Disease, College of Medicine, University of Florida, 1275 Center Drive, Gainesville, PO Box 100159, FL 32610, USA
Mol Neurodegener 6:16. 2011..Whether such an enhanced microglial response actually clears preexisting deposits without causing bystander neurotoxicity remains an open question...
- Normal cognition in transgenic BRI2-Aβ miceJungsu Kim
Department of Neuroscience and Center for Translational Research in Neurodegenerative Disease, University of Florida, 1275 Center Drive, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Mol Neurodegener 8:15. 2013..BRI2-Aβ mice produce high levels of Aβ peptides and BRI2-Aβ1-42 mice develop amyloid pathology that is similar to the pathology observed in mutant human APP transgenic models...
- Expression of Fused in sarcoma mutations in mice recapitulates the neuropathology of FUS proteinopathies and provides insight into disease pathogenesisChristophe Verbeeck
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Mol Neurodegener 7:53. 2012..In this paper we report the development of somatic brain transgenic (SBT) mice using recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) to investigate how FUS mutations lead to neurodegeneration...
- A multigram chemical synthesis of the gamma-secretase inhibitor LY411575 and its diastereoisomersAbdul H Fauq
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:6392-5. 2007..Starting from the resolved aminolactams 5a and 5b, all four diastereomers were produced in enantiomerically pure form...
- Abeta40 inhibits amyloid deposition in vivoJungsu Kim
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Neurosci 27:627-33. 2007....
- Age-related increase in amyloid plaque burden is associated with impairment in conditioned fear memory in CRND8 mouse model of amyloidosisAmanda Hanna
Center for Translational Research in Neurodegenerative Disease and Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida, 1275 Center Dr, Gainesville, FL, 32610, USA
Alzheimers Res Ther 4:21. 2012....
- Dysfunction of TGF-beta signaling in Alzheimer's diseasePritam Das
Department of Neuroscience, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2855-7. 2006..Collectively, these data suggest that dysfunction of the TGF-beta/TbetaRII signaling axis in the AD brain may accelerate Abeta deposition and neurodegeneration...
- Immune-Mediated Mechanisms Underlying CNS Abeta ClearanceTodd Golde; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed studies aim to further explore the potential mechanism by which immunization works and the possible limitations of the immunization approach. ..
- Gamma Secretases in Alzheimers DiseaseTodd Golde; Fiscal Year: 2007..of other aspartyl proteases? 3) What are the structural similarities between the active sites of PSH and PS? Do PSHs possess an initial substrate docking site as PS apparently does? And 4) Does SPP/PSH3 indeed act alone (and as a dimer)? ..
- In situ therapeutic anti-AB delivery/adenoviral vectorsTodd Golde; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNE-MEDIATED MECHANISMS UNDERLAYING CNS AB CLEARANCETodd Golde; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Y-SECRETASES IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASETodd Golde; Fiscal Year: 2002..3. Purify gamma-secretase using affinity based approaches to identify candidate candidate gamma-secretases that will then be screened for gamma-activity by sense and antisense expression studies. ..
- Immune-Mediated Mechanisms Underlying CNS Abeta ClearanceTodd E Golde; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies may provide the scientific rationale for the development of novel forms of immunotherapy for AD. ..