Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Prescribing and managing oral contraceptive pills and emergency contraception for adolescentsM A Gold
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 46:695-718. 1999....
- Body art: attitudes and practices regarding body piercing among urban undergraduatesCindy M Schorzman
Student Health Center, California State University, 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819 6045, USA
J Am Osteopath Assoc 107:432-8. 2007..To describe the knowledge, attitudes, and practices of young adults toward body piercing...
- Association of cigarette smoking and media literacy about smoking among adolescentsBrian A Primack
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:465-72. 2006..To determine whether media literacy concerning tobacco use is independently associated with two clinically relevant outcome measures in adolescents: current smoking and susceptibility to smoking...
- Development and validation of a smoking media literacy scale for adolescentsBrian A Primack
Center for Research on Health Care, Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 230 McKee Place, Ste 600, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:369-74. 2006..To develop a smoking media literacy (SML) scale by using empiric survey data from a large sample of high school students and to assess reliability and criterion validity of the scale...
- Degrading and non-degrading sex in popular music: a content analysisBrian A Primack
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Public Health Rep 123:593-600. 2008..We also aimed to determine if sexual references of each subtype were associated with other song characteristics and/or content...
- Body piercing practices and attitudes among urban adolescentsMelanie A Gold
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
J Adolesc Health 36:352.e17-24. 2005..This article describes adolescents' attitudes and practices toward body piercing and their awareness of associated health risks...
- Adolescents define sexual orientation and suggest ways to measure itMark S Friedman
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara Street, 302 Bellefield Towers, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Adolesc 27:303-17. 2004..Participants did not perceive sexual behavior and self-identification as necessarily relevant. Preliminary items to measure sexual attraction were developed based on these adolescents' perceptions...
- The effects of advance provision of emergency contraception on adolescent women's sexual and contraceptive behaviorsMelanie A Gold
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Division of Adolescent Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 17:87-96. 2004..Advance provision of emergency contraception (EC) may increase timely access and improve effectiveness, but the impact on adolescent sexual and contraceptive behaviors is not known...
- The initial adolescent preventive care visitKristin Delisi
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 51:190-204. 2008..Physical screening should be combined with an assessment of the patient's environment and risk behaviors along with counseling on healthy behavior for both the patient and her parent or guardian...
- The contraceptive vaginal ring: female adolescents' knowledge, attitudes and plans for useAlexandra S Carey
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Contraception 76:444-50. 2007..This study aimed to determine female adolescents' knowledge about the contraceptive vaginal ring and to assess their attitudes toward and consideration of ring use...
- The impact of using emergency contraception on reproductive health outcomes: a retrospective review in an urban adolescent clinicHolly E Stewart
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic University Health Center of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 16:313-8. 2003..Using EC is not associated with increased risk for future STIs and pregnancy among adolescent girls. Requesting EC may initiate routine gynecologic care...
- Contraceptive use in teens: a threat to bone health?Melanie A Gold
J Adolesc Health 35:427-9. 2004
- Emergency contraception: to the editorMelanie A Gold
Pediatrics 117:1448-50; author reply 1450. 2006
- Emergency contraceptionLee Ann E Conard
Division of Adolescent Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, 3705 5th Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Adolesc Med Clin 16:585-602. 2005..Literature on the impact of the advance provision of emergency contraception on contracepting behaviors is reviewed, and behavior change counseling related to emergency contraception is described...
- Provision of emergency contraception to adolescentsMelanie A Gold
Division of Adolescent Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania, USA
J Adolesc Health 35:67-70. 2004
- Emergency contraceptive pills: a review of the recent literatureLee Ann E Conard
Department of Pediatrics, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 16:389-95. 2004..The purpose of this review is to inform the reader of new information published since early 2003 about emergency contraception, with a particular focus on issues of access...
- Preadmission patterns of physical activity in a sample of juvenile detaineesSergio R R Buzzini
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Adolescent Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Adolesc Health 36:354-7. 2005..Overall, detained youth reported similar participation in physical activity, surpassing the student sample in some areas...
- Computer-Aided Counseling to Prevent Teen Pregnancy/STDsMelanie Gold; Fiscal Year: 2006..If proven effective, computer-assisted personalized motivational counseling could be broadly implemented as a method to decrease the incidence of unintended pregnancy and STDs among female adolescents. ..