MIGUEL A GOICOECHEA
Affiliation: University of California
- Reliability and predictive validity of a hepatitis-related symptom inventory in HIV-infected individuals referred for Hepatitis C treatmentEdward R Cachay
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, California 92103, USA
AIDS Res Ther 8:29. 2011..abstract:..
- Abacavir and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate co-administration results in a nonadditive antiviral effect in HIV-1-infected patientsMiguel Goicoechea
University California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
AIDS 24:707-16. 2010..To evaluate a potential pharmacodynamic/pharmacokinetic interaction between abacavir (ABC) and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF)...
- Greater tenofovir-associated renal function decline with protease inhibitor-based versus nonnucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor-based therapyMiguel Goicoechea
Antiviral Research Center, University of California, San Diego, 150 W Washington St, Ste 100, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Infect Dis 197:102-8. 2008....
- A computer-based system to aid in the interpretation of plasma concentrations of antiretrovirals for therapeutic drug monitoringMiguel Goicoechea
University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Antivir Ther 12:55-62. 2007..To develop a computer-based system for modelling and interpreting plasma antiretroviral concentrations for therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM)...
- Efavirenz/emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate fixed-dose combination: first-line therapy for all?Miguel Goicoechea
University California, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:371-82. 2007....
- Determinants of CD4+ T cell recovery during suppressive antiretroviral therapy: association of immune activation, T cell maturation markers, and cellular HIV-1 DNAMiguel Goicoechea
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, Antiviral Antiviral Research Center, 92131
J Infect Dis 194:29-37. 2006..Suboptimal CD4+ T cell recovery during antiretroviral therapy (ART) is a common clinical dilemma...
- Failure of modified directly observed therapy combined with therapeutic drug monitoring to enhance antiretroviral adherence in a patient with major depressionMiguel Goicoechea
University California San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, California 92103, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:233-7. 2006..It should be recognized that not all patients are capable of achieving lifelong medication adherence and may benefit from continued supervised therapy...
- A randomized controlled trial of therapeutic drug monitoring in treatment-naive and -experienced HIV-1-infected patientsBrookie M Best
University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92013, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:433-42. 2007..To improve the utility of therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) by defining the proportion of patients with and predictors of above or below target protease inhibitor (PI) or nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) concentrations...
- Efavirenz--still first-line king?Brookie M Best
University of California, Division of Pharmacology and Drug Discovery, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0719, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 4:965-72. 2008..Recently, several new antiretroviral drugs, including second generation NNRTIs, protease-inhibitors, an integrase-inhibitor and a CCR5 inhibitor, have become or will be shortly available...
- Gene expression before HAART initiation predicts HIV-infected individuals at risk of poor CD4+ T-cell recoveryChristopher H Woelk
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, USA
AIDS 24:217-22. 2010..To identify a pre-HAART gene expression signature in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) predictive of CD4 T-cell recovery during HAART in HIV-infected individuals...