Averell L Gnatt
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Knockdown of TFIIS by RNA silencing inhibits cancer cell proliferation and induces apoptosisKyle Hubbard
Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
BMC Cancer 8:133. 2008..We report on RNA interference of TFIIS, a transcription elongation factor, and its affect on proliferation of cancer cells in culture...
- Elongation by RNA polymerase II: structure-function relationshipAverell Gnatt
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics and Department of Pathology, University of Maryland Baltimore, 655 West Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1577:175-90. 2002..Structural studies of RNA polymerases are described below within the context of the process of transcription elongation, its regulation and function...
- A Mediator-responsive form of metazoan RNA polymerase IIXiaopeng Hu
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9506-11. 2006..Our results reveal a transcriptional control mechanism in which Mediator-dependent regulation is enforced by means of Gdown1, which likely restricts Pol II function only to be reversed by Mediator...
- Fcp1 directly recognizes the C-terminal domain (CTD) and interacts with a site on RNA polymerase II distinct from the CTDMan Hee Suh
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17314-9. 2005..We speculate that Fcp1 interaction with the non-CTD site may mediate its stimulatory effect on transcription elongation reported previously...
- Regulation of Transcription:Structure Function BasisAverell Gnatt; Fiscal Year: 2006..Site directed mutagenesis of RNA Polymerase II in yeast will allow for verification and determination of the structure-function relationships of the proteins. ..