Elbert D Glover
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- A multicenter phase 3 trial of lobeline sulfate for smoking cessationElbert D Glover
Department of Public and Community Health, Center for Health Behavior Research, University of Maryland, College Park School of Public Health, College Park, MD USA
Am J Health Behav 34:101-9. 2010..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of sublingual lobeline sulfate for smoking cessation...
- Varenicline: progress in smoking cessation treatmentElbert D Glover
University of Maryland College Park School of Public Health, Department of Public and Community Health, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:1757-67. 2007..In addition, varenicline is well tolerated and has an acceptable safety profile. As an aid for smoking cessation, varenicline offers progress in the treatment of tobacco dependence...
- A randomized, controlled trial to assess the efficacy and safety of a transdermal delivery system of nicotine/mecamylamine in cigarette smokersElbert D Glover
Department of Public and Community Health, College of Health and Human Performance, University of Maryland, College Park MD 20742, USA
Addiction 102:795-802. 2007....
- Developmental history of the Glover-Nilsson smoking behavioral questionnaireElbert D Glover
Public and Community Health, College of Health and Human Performance, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Am J Health Behav 29:443-55. 2005..To develop a simple, easily administered pencil-and-paper questionnaire to determine the degree to which behavioral patterns play a role in smoking dependence...
- Sensitivity and specificity of a reagent-impregnated test strip in identifying smokeless tobacco usersElbert D Glover
Department of Public and Community Health, College of Health and Human Performance, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:499-503. 2007..The intensity of the pink color on the test strip is proportional to the amount of nicotine or its metabolites present in urine and therefore offers a semiquantitative measure of nicotine consumption...
- Bupropion SR for the treatment of smokeless tobacco useLowell C Dale
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 90:56-63. 2007..We conducted a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical trial to assess the efficacy and safety of bupropion SR for tobacco abstinence among ST users...
- Efficacy of the nicotine inhaler in smoking reduction: A double-blind, randomized trialStephen I Rennard
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5125, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 8:555-64. 2006..In conclusion, the nicotine inhaler can help smokers who are unable or unwilling to quit to reduce daily cigarette consumption, which may be a health benefit on its own and may further promote quitting...
- Comparative efficacy of rapid-release nicotine gum versus nicotine polacrilex gum in relieving smoking cue-provoked cravingRaymond Niaura
Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Addiction 100:1720-30. 2005....
- Treating nicotine dependenceElbert D Glover
Deparment of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9135, USA
Am J Med Sci 326:183-6. 2003..The most effective pharmacological adjuncts for treating nicotine dependence are nicotine replacement therapy and bupropion SR. When these are combined with behavioral counseling, the best treatment outcomes are observed...
- A comparison of a nicotine sublingual tablet and placebo for smoking cessationElbert D Glover
Nicotine Tob Res 4:441-50. 2002..10% (p = 0.0606). Adverse events were mild and transient and reflected those reported with existing nicotine replacement formulations. We concluded that the nicotine 2-mg sublingual tablet was effective as a smoking cessation aid...
- A comparison of sustained-release bupropion and placebo for smokeless tobacco cessationElbert D Glover
Addiction and Psychiatric Medicine Research, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown 26506 9135, USA
Am J Health Behav 26:386-93. 2002..To evaluate the potential efficacy of bupropion sustained release when used in combination with minimal counseling for moist snuff cessation in males...
- Are instructions for over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapy products readable?Amy B Stevens
University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Am J Health Behav 31:S79-84. 2007..To examine readability characteristics of step-by-step directions presented in "How to Use" sections of over-the-counter (OTC) nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) products...