Jeffrey J Glasheen
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Fulfilling the promise of hospital medicine: tailoring internal medicine training to address hospitalists' needsJeffrey J Glasheen
Internal Medicine Residency Training Program, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1110-5. 2008..In this paper, we outline the rationale for targeted training in hospital medicine and discuss the content and methods for delivering this training...
- Burkitt's lymphoma presenting with lactic acidosis and hypoglycemia - a case presentationJeffrey J Glasheen
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 46:281-3. 2005..Furthermore, in contrast to our patient, 90% of previously reported cases were associated with liver involvement...
- Preventing warfarin-related bleedingJeffrey James Glasheen
Hospital Medicine Section, Division of General Internal Medicine, and Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
South Med J 98:96-103. 2005..Supratherapeutic international normalized ratios are usually best treated by holding a dose and/or reducing the weekly dose of warfarin. Patients with acute bleeding require more urgent warfarin reversal...
- The risk of overanticoagulation with antibiotic use in outpatients on stable warfarin regimensJeffrey J Glasheen
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:653-6. 2005..Medication interactions account for a significant proportion of overanticoagulation in warfarin users. However, little is known about the incidence or degree of interaction with commonly used oral antibiotics...
- Effect of levofloxacin coadministration on the international normalized ratios during warfarin therapy--a commentJeffrey J Glasheen
Department of Medicine, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:1079-80; discussion 1080. 2003
- Achieving hospital medicine's promise through internal medicine residency redesignJeffrey J Glasheen
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Hospital Medicine Section, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 75:436-41. 2008..This paper overviews the state of the hospitalist movement, the current educational training deficiencies and the methods to deliver hospitalist-focused training...
- Burnout and internal medicine resident work-hour restrictionsRavi Gopal
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Aurora, CO, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:2595-600. 2005..We evaluated rates of burnout in internal medicine residents before and after the implementation of the new work-hour restriction...
- Hospitalist educators: future of inpatient internal medicine trainingJill Goldenberg
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 75:430-5. 2008..This paper will review the literature exploring the effect of the hospitalist teaching model on resident and student education...
- Mentorship, productivity, and promotion among academic hospitalistsMark B Reid
Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO 80204, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:23-7. 2012..Academic hospitalists have taken on much of the clinical and teaching responsibilities at many institutions, yet little is known about their academic productivity and promotion...
- Evaluation of a hospitalist-run acute care for the elderly serviceHeidi L Wald
Division of Health Care Policy Research, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Hosp Med 6:313-21. 2011..Comprehensive care for frail older inpatients may improve selected outcomes and reduce harm...