Tameka L Gillum
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts
- "There's so much at stake": sexual minority youth discuss dating violenceTameka L Gillum
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA 01003 9304, USA
Violence Against Women 18:725-45. 2012..Such information is essential for determining the need for and content of dating violence services, including education, safety planning, and referrals for mental and physical health services for sexual minority youth...
- Can a health clinic-based intervention increase safety in abused women? Results from a pilot studyTameka L Gillum
University of Massachusetts Amherst, School of Public Health and Health Sciences, Amherst, MA 01003 9304, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:1259-64. 2009..Studies have shown the potential usefulness of screening and intervention in these settings...
- Improving services to African American survivors of IPV: from the voices of recipients of culturally specific servicesTameka L Gillum
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA
Violence Against Women 15:57-80. 2009..Overall, women described mostly problematic experiences with mainstream services and positive experiences with the culturally specific agency...
- The benefits of a culturally specific intimate partner violence intervention for African American survivorsTameka L Gillum
Public Health Department, Community Health Studies Division, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
Violence Against Women 14:917-43. 2008..Results suggest that this culturally specific agency is successfully meeting the needs of these survivors...
- Community response and needs of African American female survivors of domestic violenceTameka L Gillum
Public Health Department, University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, USA
J Interpers Violence 23:39-57. 2008..This dissatisfaction was in large measure due to lack of cultural competence. Implications for service and suggestions for community entities are presented...