Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Beyond the prison paradigm: from provoking violence to preventing it by creating "anti-prisons" (residential colleges and therapeutic communities)James Gilligan
Department of Psychiatry, Criminology and Public Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1036:300-24. 2004..Prisons will come to be seen as a well-meaning experiment that failed, rather like the use of leeches in medicine...
- The Resolve to Stop the Violence Project: reducing violence in the community through a jail-based initiativeJames Gilligan
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Public Health (Oxf) 27:143-8. 2005....
- The psychopharmacologic treatment of violent youthJames Gilligan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1036:356-81. 2004..Different principles govern the acute short-term emergency treatment of a violent crisis and the long-term treatment of those who are chronically and repetitively violent, and these differences are also summarized here...
- The Resolve to Stop the Violence Project: transforming an in-house culture of violence through a jail-based programmeJames Gilligan
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA, USA
J Public Health (Oxf) 27:149-55. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Correctional efforts may improve with the transformation of subcultures into therapeutic communities that facilitate the practice of prosocial skills over attitudes and mores that engender violence...
- Youth violence. Scientific approaches to prevention. PrologueJohn Devine
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1036:ix-xii. 2004