Gordon Lee Gillespie
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Posttraumatic stress symptomatology among emergency department workers following workplace aggressionGordon Lee Gillespie
Department of Environmental Health, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45014 2401, USA
Workplace Health Saf 61:247-54. 2013..This open and more positive work environment may aid in reducing the negative impact of posttraumatic stress symptoms among those ED workers who have been victimized...
- Using proactive coping to manage the stress of trauma patient careGordon Lee Gillespie
University of Cincinnati College of Nursing, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221, USA
J Trauma Nurs 20:44-50. 2013..Proactive coping strategies that focus on the planning and preparation to provide care for traumatically injured patients may be effective at preventing traumatic stress...
- Stressful incidents of physical violence against emergency nursesGordon Lee Gillespie
University of Cincinnati College of Nursing, OH, USA
Online J Issues Nurs 18:2. 2013..While patients with mental health or substance use complaints are deemed most likely to commit physical violence, they are not the only patients to become violent. Risk reduction efforts should target all patients and visitors...
- An educational program to prevent, manage, and recover from workplace violenceGordon L Gillespie
College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45219, USA
Adv Emerg Nurs J 34:325-32. 2012..136). A well-developed WPV educational program can achieve significant learning outcomes in ED employees. Web-based learning may be an effective alternative yielding learning outcomes equal to that of a hybrid educational program...
- Pediatric emergency department provider perceptions of universal sexually transmitted infection screeningGordon Lee Gillespie
College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221, USA
Adv Emerg Nurs J 35:76-86. 2013....
- Caring in pediatric emergency nursingGordon Lee Gillespie
University of Cincinnati College of Nursing, OH 45211 0038, USA
Res Theory Nurs Pract 26:216-32. 2012..Nearly all nurse caring behaviors were important to the parents of pediatric patients, although some behaviors were not priority. It is important for nurses to provide family-centered care in a way that demonstrates nurse caring...
- Emergency department workers' perceptions of security officers' effectiveness during violent eventsGordon Lee Gillespie
University of Cincinnati College of Nursing, Cincinnati, OH 45221 0038, USA
Work 42:21-7. 2012..The purpose of this study is to describe ED workers' views of security officers' effectiveness during actual events of verbal and/or physical violence...
- The prevalence of seatbelt use among pediatric hospital workersGordon Lee Gillespie
University of Cincinnati College of Nursing, and Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45221 0038, USA
AAOHN J 58:483-6. 2010..It may be necessary to adopt and enforce mandatory seatbelt use policies at the organizational level to increase seatbelt use in this population of hospital workers...
- Workplace violence in healthcare settings: risk factors and protective strategiesGordon Lee Gillespie
University of Cincinnati, College of Nursing, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Rehabil Nurs 35:177-84. 2010..Strategies are needed to prevent workplace violence and manage the negative consequences experienced by healthcare workers following violent events...
- A summative evaluation of an EMS partnership aimed at reducing ED length of stayGordon Lee Gillespie
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Emerg Nurs 35:5-10. 2009..The aim of this manuscript was to describe the Partnership in Care program and evaluate the program's effectiveness...
- Diabetic ketoacidosisGordon Lee Gillespie
Mercy Franciscan Hospital Mount Airy, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Am J Nurs . 2002..Streamlined care has lowered death rates in recent years...