Kathryn M Gill
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- The Role of α5 GABAA Receptor Agonists in the Treatment of Cognitive Deficits in SchizophreniaKathryn M Gill
University of Pittsburgh, Department of Neuroscience, A210 Langley Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Curr Pharm Des 20:5069-76. 2014..Consequently, these compounds are promising for their potential in also ameliorating cognitive deficits attributed to dysfunction in HPC network activity. ..
- Prior antipsychotic drug treatment prevents response to novel antipsychotic agent in the methylazoxymethanol acetate model of schizophreniaKathryn M Gill
To whom correspondence should be addressed Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, A210 Langley Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, US tel 1 412 624 7332, fax 1 412 624 9198, E mail
Schizophr Bull 40:341-50. 2014..Consequently, testing novel compounds on chronically treated schizophrenia patients may be ineffective...
- Differential effects of acute and repeated stress on hippocampus and amygdala inputs to the nucleus accumbens shellKathryn M Gill
Departments of Neuroscience, Psychiatry and Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 16:2013-25. 2013..These data support a model of stress whereby the hippocampus is inappropriately activated and dominates the information processing within this circuit via a dopaminergic mechanism after acute bouts of stress...
- Heterogeneous processing of amygdala and hippocampal inputs in the rostral and caudal subregions of the nucleus accumbensKathryn M Gill
Departments of Neuroscience, Psychiatry and Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 14:1301-14. 2011..In addition, the hippocampus inappropriately dominates information processing within this circuit, potentially contributing to the overwhelming focus on internal emotional states in disorders such as depression...
- A novel α5GABA(A)R-positive allosteric modulator reverses hyperactivation of the dopamine system in the MAM model of schizophreniaKathryn M Gill
Departments of Neuroscience, Psychiatry, and Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:1903-11. 2011..This study supports a novel treatment of schizophrenia that targets abnormal HPC output, which in turn normalizes dopaminergic neuronal activity...
- Different stressors produce excitation or inhibition of mesolimbic dopamine neuron activity: response alteration by stress pre-exposureOrnella Valenti
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Eur J Neurosci 35:1312-21. 2012..Taken together, these data show that a prolonged inescapable mild stressor can induce plastic changes that attenuate the DA system response to acute stress...
- Antipsychotic drugs rapidly induce dopamine neuron depolarization block in a developmental rat model of schizophreniaOrnella Valenti
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
J Neurosci 31:12330-8. 2011....