Melissa B Gilkey
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Forgone vaccination during childhood and adolescence: findings of a statewide survey of parentsMelissa B Gilkey
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, CB 7440, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Prev Med 56:202-6. 2013..Widespread immunization confers both individual- and community-level protection against vaccine-preventable diseases. To better understand vaccine hesitancy, we assessed correlates of forgone vaccination for children and adolescents...
- Do correlates of HPV vaccine initiation differ between adolescent boys and girls?Melissa B Gilkey
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Vaccine 30:5928-34. 2012..Guidelines now recommend that adolescents routinely receive human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine. Because little is known about uptake among boys, we assessed HPV vaccine initiation in a population-based sample of adolescent boys and girls...
- Adolescent males' awareness of and willingness to try electronic cigarettesJessica K Pepper
Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7440, USA
J Adolesc Health 52:144-50. 2013..We sought to understand awareness of and willingness to try e-cigarettes among adolescent males, a group that is at risk for smoking initiation and may use e-cigarettes as a "gateway" to smoking...
- Trends in HPV vaccine initiation among adolescent females in North Carolina, 2008-2010Jennifer L Moss
Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1913-22. 2012..To better target future immunization efforts, we assessed trends and disparities in human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine initiation among female adolescents in North Carolina over 3 years...
- Organizational correlates of adolescent immunization: Findings of a state-wide study of primary care clinics in North CarolinaJennifer L Moss
Department of Health Behavior, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, United States Electronic address
Vaccine 31:4436-41. 2013..To analyze organizational correlates of immunization coverage among adolescents served by high-volume primary care providers in North Carolina...