Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Controlled comparison of electrophysiological sleep in families of probands with unipolar depressionD E Giles
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:192-9. 1998..This study presents polysomnographic data and psychiatric history for parents and siblings of probands with unipolar depression and short REM latency, probands with unipolar depression and normal REM latency, and normal comparison probands...
- Contributions of physical and sexual abuse to women's experiences with chronic pelvic painEllen L Poleshuck
Wynne Center for Family Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Reprod Med 50:91-100. 2005..To examine the roles of physical and sexual abuse in women with chronic pelvic pain using multi-dimensional pain assessment and to compare the chronic pelvic pain experiences of women with physical abuse to those of women with sexual abuse...
- Pain and depressive symptoms among financially disadvantaged women's health patientsEllen L Poleshuck
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 15:182-93. 2006....
- Neuroimaging of NREM sleep in primary insomnia: a Tc-99-HMPAO single photon emission computed tomography studyMichael T Smith
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baltimore, MD 21287 7218, USA
Sleep 25:325-35. 2002..The objectives of this study were to: 1) demonstrate the feasibility of combining polysomnography and SPECT neuroimaging to study NREM sleep in primary insomnia and 2) evaluate possible functional CNS abnormalities associated with insomnia...
- FAMILIAL RISKS FOR MOOD DISORDERS IN ADULT OFFSPRINGDonna Giles; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- IS EEG SLEEP ABNORMAL IN THOSE AT RISK FOR DEPRESSIONDonna Giles; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our well-studied cohort can address mediation of depressive morbidity by neurophysiological mechanisms separate from psychological mechanisms. These procedures will identify informative families for genetic studies. ..