David L Gilden
Affiliation: University of Texas
- Cognitive emissions of 1/f noiseD L Gilden
Department of Psychology, Mezes 330, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Psychol Rev 108:33-56. 2001..Its presence in psychological data appears to be associated with the most elementary aspect of cognitive process, the formation of representations...
- Response variability in attention-deficit disordersDavid L Gilden
Department of Psychology, The University of Texas at Austin, TX 78712, USA
Psychol Sci 18:796-802. 2007..Normal levels of variance were associated with 1/f noise, whereas high-variance data had substantial traces of random walk contour. These findings provide new perspectives on cognitive assessments of attention dysfunction...
- Contraction of time in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderDavid L Gilden
Department of Psychology, The University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Neuropsychology 23:265-9. 2009..This finding is consistent with the idea that impaired dopamine dynamics have systemic consequences for cognitive function, essentially recalibrating the clock that sets the time scale for the subjective experience of temporal events...
- The serial process in visual searchDavid L Gilden
Department of Psychology, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station A8000, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 36:533-42. 2010..The finding is put into the context of Feature Integration Theory (Treisman & Gelade, 1980) that first identified the occasions of serial search to be important to object perception and understanding...
- Parallel and serial processes in visual searchThomas L Thornton
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Psychol Rev 114:71-103. 2007..The authors found that although most searches are conducted by a parallel limited-capacity process, there is a distinguishable search class that is serial...
- Representations of motion and directionC M Price
Department of Psychology, University of Texas, Austin 78712, USA
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 26:18-30. 2000..Assessment of memory in these cases required disentangling familiarity bias for the clockwise direction from explicit recognition of direction...
- Attentional limitations in the sensing of motion directionT Thornton
Department of Psychology, The University of Texas at Austin, 78712, USA
Cogn Psychol 43:23-52. 2001..These results suggest that scene-based descriptions, as opposed to image-based descriptions of motion, mediate the allocation of attention...
- Provenance of correlations in psychological dataThomas L Thornton
Department of Psychology, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Psychon Bull Rev 12:409-41. 2005..Spectral likelihood classification illustrates an extremely general framework for testing competing spectral hypotheses and is offered for use in measuring the specific character of fluctuations in designed experiments...
- The Logic of Motion Perception and Motion UnderstandingDavid Gilden; Fiscal Year: 2006..Patterns of facilitation and inhibition are used to decide what aspects of motion information receive implicit registration. ..
- FLUCTUATIONS IN COGNITIVE AND PERCEPTUAL ACTIVITYDavid Gilden; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, the manner in which attention modulates the formation of residual correlation will be studied by varying the stimulus complexity in visual search and in forced choice discrimination. ..