Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Genomic deletions created upon LINE-1 retrotranspositionNicolas Gilbert
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cell 110:315-25. 2002..Thus, our data demonstrate multiple pathways for L1 integration in cultured cells, and show that L1 is not simply an insertional mutagen, but that its retrotransposition can result in significant deletions of genomic sequence...
- Multiple fates of L1 retrotransposition intermediates in cultured human cellsNicolas Gilbert
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109-0618, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:7780-95. 2005..Indeed, the initial steps in L1 retrotransposition may define a host/parasite battleground that serves to limit the number of active L1s in the genome...
- Distinct mechanisms for trans-mediated mobilization of cellular RNAs by the LINE-1 reverse transcriptaseJose L Garcia Perez
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0618, USA
Genome Res 17:602-11. 2007..Thus, we propose that the LINE-1-encoded reverse transcriptase can mediate the retrotransposition of non-L1 RNAs by distinct mechanisms...
- DNA repair mediated by endonuclease-independent LINE-1 retrotranspositionTammy A Morrish
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, 1241 E Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105 0618, USA
Nat Genet 31:159-65. 2002..Thus, our results suggest that LINE-1s can integrate into DNA lesions, resulting in retrotransposon-mediated DNA repair in mammalian cells...
- Characterization of a mutagenic B1 retrotransposon insertion in the jittery mouseNicolas Gilbert
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Hum Mutat 24:9-13. 2004..Together, these data demonstrate that B1 retrotransposition is ongoing in the mouse genome and is consistent with the hypothesis that the reverse transcriptase and endonuclease encoded by LINE-1 elements mediate B1 mobility...
- Characterization of pre-insertion loci of de novo L1 insertionsStephen L Gasior
Tulane Cancer Center and Department of Epidemiology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center SL 66, 1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112, United States
Gene 390:190-8. 2007....
- [Genomic instability associated with human LINE-1 rétrotransposition]Nicolas Gilbert
Institut de Genetique Humaine, UPR 1142, 141, rue de la Cardonille, 34396 Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
J Soc Biol 198:419-24. 2004..L1 then can be considered as a major factor that has affected and shaped the human genome through several mechanisms...