G Scott Giebink
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccines as maternal and infant immunogens: challenges of maternal recruitmentKathleen A Daly
Otitis Media Research Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Vaccine 21:3473-8. 2003..Reports of safety from large-scale studies of maternal PCV immunization in industrialized countries are needed before women are receptive to maternal immunization to protect their infants against pneumococcal disease...
- Induction of mucous cell metaplasia in the middle ear of rats using a three-step method: an improved model for otitis media with mucoid effusionYasuhiro Tsuboi
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Minnesota Otitis Media Research Center, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, USA
Acta Otolaryngol 122:153-60. 2002....
- Maternal pneumococcal conjugate immunization protects infant chinchillas in the pneumococcal otitis media modelDavid M Hajek
Otitis Media Research Center and the Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Acta Otolaryngol 122:262-9. 2002..66). This experiment strongly supports the hypothesis that maternal immunization with PCV will reduce the burden of early infant POM and invasive pneumococcal disease...
- Analysis by cDNA microarrays of altered gene expression in middle ears of rats following pneumococcal infectionJizhen Lin
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Minnesota Otitis Media Research Center, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, 2001 Sixth Street S E, Room 216, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 65:203-11. 2002..The purpose of this study is to explore the cellular and molecular basis that remains on a longer time after acute pneucmococcal middle ear infection and potentiates development of thick effusion in the middle ear...
- Chronic otitis media with effusion sequelae in children treated with tubesKathleen A Daly
University of Minnesota Otitis Media Research Center, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:517-22. 2003..To determine incidence and prevalence of middle ear sequelae and abnormal tympanometry results among children with chronic otitis media with effusion (OME) who received standard treatment with tympanostomy tubes...
- Quality control and the identification of vaccine responders using ELISA-derived antibody dataChap T Le
School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Stat Med 22:2935-42. 2003..The goal is to show that these two issues are inter-related, so that investigators could reduce misclassification which would interfere with the eventual comparison of immunogenicity results...
- Recent advances in otitis media. 9. Treatment, complications, and sequelaeStephen Berman
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol Suppl 188:102-24. 2002
- Simultaneous intravenous and intramiddle-ear dosing to determine cefditoren influx and efflux clearances in middle ear fluid in freely moving chinchillasTong Zhu
Department of Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:1947-56. 2003..The CLin/CLout ratio determined in chinchillas compares well with values estimated from data in pediatric patients. An active efflux mechanism in middle ear mucosa may be involved in CDTR distribution in MEF...
- Recent advances in otitis media. 6. VaccineG Scott Giebink
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol Suppl 194:86-103. 2005