Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- The stages of type 1A diabetes: 2005Roberto Gianani
The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Immunol Rev 204:232-49. 2005..However, no conclusive association has been established between type 1A diabetes and specific environmental triggers. In this review, we provide evidence that insulin has a fundamental role in anti-islet autoimmunity...
- Initial results of screening of nondiabetic organ donors for expression of islet autoantibodiesR Gianani
The Barbara Davis Center, Department of Pathology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Science Center, Aurora, Colorado 80010, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1855-61. 2006..Nevertheless, we lack data on the pancreatic pathology of subjects who are positive for islet autoantibodies (to islet autoantigens GAD65, insulin, and ICA512)...
- Long-term prevention of diabetes and marked suppression of insulin autoantibodies and insulitis in mice lacking native insulin B9-23 sequenceM Nakayama
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1079:122-9. 2006..Insulin peptide B9-23 is likely a crucial target for initiation of islet autoimmunity and further mutation of the sequence will be tested to attempt to eliminate all anti-islet autoimmunity...
- Dimorphic histopathology of long-standing childhood-onset diabetesR Gianani
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, 1775 Aurora Court, Aurora, CO 80055, USA
Diabetologia 53:690-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to characterise the pancreases of childhood-onset diabetes in order to define the pathological basis of this heterogeneity...
- A new model of insulin-deficient diabetes: male NOD mice with a single copy of Ins1 and no Ins2N Babaya
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado, 1775 N Ursula St, Aurora, CO 80045 6511, USA
Diabetologia 49:1222-8. 2006..We describe a novel model of insulin-deficient diabetes with a single copy of the gene encoding insulin 1 (Ins1) and no gene encoding insulin 2 (Ins2)...
- Global gene expression profiling and histochemical analysis of the developing human fetal pancreasS A Sarkar
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, UCDHSC, 1775 N Ursula Street, Mail Stop B 140, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Diabetologia 51:285-97. 2008..An immunohistochemical and genomic analysis of human pancreatic development from 9-23 weeks of fetal age was undertaken to provide a comparative analysis of human and murine islet development...
- Recapitulation of elements of embryonic development in adult mouse pancreatic regenerationJan Nygaard Jensen
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, U Colorado, HSC, 4200 E 9th Avenue, B140, Denver, Colorado 80262 USA
Gastroenterology 128:728-41. 2005..To define cell differentiation changes associated with pancreatic regeneration in adult mice, we compared regeneration following caerulein-induced pancreatitis to that of normal pancreatic development...
- Developmentally regulated expression of Survivin in human pancreatic isletsC Liggins
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Science Center, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 6:392-7. 2003..These data show that different subtypes of islet cells differ in their pattern of Survivin expression. Furthermore, expression of Survivin in the beta cells is developmentally regulated...
- Evidence for a primary islet autoantigen (preproinsulin 1) for insulitis and diabetes in the nonobese diabetic mouseHiroaki Moriyama
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10376-81. 2003..These observations indicate that loss of either insulin gene can influence progression to diabetes of NOD mice and suggest that the preproinsulin 1 gene is crucial for the spontaneous development of NOD insulitis and diabetes...
- Deleting islet autoimmunityEdwin Liu
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO, USA
Cell Biochem Biophys 48:177-82. 2007..In this article, we review current literature regarding insulin as an autoantigen and potential approaches to deleting insulin-reactive T cells through the use of peptide vaccines and targeted T cell receptor immunizations...
- Induction and acceleration of insulitis/diabetes in mice with a viral mimic (polyinosinic-polycytidylic acid) and an insulin self-peptideHiroaki Moriyama
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:5539-44. 2002..These first PolyIC/insulin-induced murine models should provide an important tool to study the pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes with experimental autoimmune diabetes...
- Fas ligand-dependent suppression of autoimmunity via recruitment and subsequent termination of activated T cellsJaime F Modiano
Integrated Department of Immunology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Clin Immunol 112:54-65. 2004..These data show that gene delivery of membrane-bound FasL can effectively recruit and eliminate autoreactive T cells...
- Autoimmunity to gastrointestinal endocrine cells in autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type IRoberto Gianani
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1442-4. 2003