Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Dimorphic histopathology of long-standing childhood-onset diabetesR Gianani
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, 1775 Aurora Court, Aurora, CO 80055, USA
Diabetologia 53:690-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to characterise the pancreases of childhood-onset diabetes in order to define the pathological basis of this heterogeneity...
- Beta cell regeneration in human pancreasRoberto Gianani
The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, Aurora, USA
Semin Immunopathol 33:23-7. 2011..In the third part of this review, we will explore the arguments for and against the ability of the human pancreas to regenerate functional beta cells in the context of type 1 diabetes and in other pathological conditions...
- Long-term prevention of diabetes and marked suppression of insulin autoantibodies and insulitis in mice lacking native insulin B9-23 sequenceM Nakayama
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, P.O. Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1079:122-9. 2006..Insulin peptide B9-23 is likely a crucial target for initiation of islet autoimmunity and further mutation of the sequence will be tested to attempt to eliminate all anti-islet autoimmunity...
- A new model of insulin-deficient diabetes: male NOD mice with a single copy of Ins1 and no Ins2N Babaya
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado, 1775 N Ursula St, Aurora, CO 80045 6511, USA
Diabetologia 49:1222-8. 2006..We describe a novel model of insulin-deficient diabetes with a single copy of the gene encoding insulin 1 (Ins1) and no gene encoding insulin 2 (Ins2)...
- Global gene expression profiling and histochemical analysis of the developing human fetal pancreasS A Sarkar
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, UCDHSC, 1775 N Ursula Street, Mail Stop B 140, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Diabetologia 51:285-97. 2008..An immunohistochemical and genomic analysis of human pancreatic development from 9-23 weeks of fetal age was undertaken to provide a comparative analysis of human and murine islet development...
- Initial results of screening of nondiabetic organ donors for expression of islet autoantibodiesR Gianani
The Barbara Davis Center, Department of Pathology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Science Center, Aurora, Colorado 80010, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1855-61. 2006..Nevertheless, we lack data on the pancreatic pathology of subjects who are positive for islet autoantibodies (to islet autoantigens GAD65, insulin, and ICA512)...